Thread: Logo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Logo

Here's 3 of the logos i've played with. The last 2 are various stamp like logos we could consider using.

All of the files are in svg format also, so we can easily scale them at will.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ClinicalMistake; April 8th, 2007 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Adding more attachments and stamp information

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I really like the font you used for "Georgia." Oddly enough, my favorite font happens to be "Georgia." It just does numbers so pretty like... ~swoon~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by daynah View Post
    I really like the font you used for "Georgia." Oddly enough, my favorite font happens to be "Georgia." It just does numbers so pretty like... ~swoon~
    That's amusing because in the first draft I was using the Georgia font, I figured it would be slightly humorous to do so! Sadly, it looked quite different than this one, and it didn't fit right.

However this design is quite different, I wonder if it would work now...

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Hey ClinicalMistake,
    We were discussing logos at this weeks meeting and we will probably put up a vote in the forum soon. The first three on your most recent post with logos were nominated. However we we concerned with the middle two because of "Additional text may not be added in such a way that it appears to be part of the logo itself." in the Trademark policy http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy . Do you think the ubuntu logo could be moved out the "Georgia" and into the lower left or something to that effect?

Thanks for your work on the logos, nice job!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I'll see if I can't contact the official reps and get thier opinion on the matter.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Looks like the NY Team and the FL Team both have logos similar to the 4th one that CM did, just the state and the Ubuntu logo/symbol. The NY team's looks good, they added NY and LoCo to the state outline and the Ubuntu logo:

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Those logos may be good then. It was brought to my attention and I wanted to check on it. Let us know what you find out.

-John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123