Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Introductory Posting

Beans

Re: Introductory Posting

zot171, Welcome Aboard!

Also, working on the command line is definitely a learning experience! You have to develop a much better understand of what's going on if you're typing than if you're mousing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I don't live in Indiana, but live close to Indiana, Ohio and in Kentucky. Is there a tri-state group or a Cincinnati Ubuntu Group?
    Thanks.
    Your TV might soon be obsolete...find out at https://www.dtv2009.gov/
    Close the Windows and "open" the "source" . 2008 is the year for Linux

Beans

Midwest-Linux,

I don't really know, myself. I would guess that the Ohio LoCo would be the place to ask about people in Cincinnati.
    Last edited by simon.a.ruiz; June 16th, 2008 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Spelling correction - Cincinnati

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by simon.a.ruiz View Post
    Midwest-Linux,

I don't really know, myself. I would guess that the Ohio LoCo would be the place to ask about people in Cincinnati.
    Thanks
    Your TV might soon be obsolete...find out at https://www.dtv2009.gov/
    Close the Windows and "open" the "source" . 2008 is the year for Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hi all!

I'm Travis, and I live in Terre Haute. It seems like we've got this state pretty well covered!

I always wanted to play with Linux when I was in HS/college, but never really got it to work right. I worked at the computer help desk at college, so I was always around Red Hat/Linux and the like.

I finally took the plunge a few months ago and set up Ubuntu on my main desktop. It dual boots with XP pro. It's a homebrew box I built something like 6 or 7 years ago.

I'm amazed at how little I boot into Windows now! I'm still learning lots about Ubuntu, but I'm really happy with it! I believe I've gotten a few friends ready to take the plunge too!

I'm not on the chat stuff too often (AIM, Y!, IRC) but I loves me the discussion boards!

Travis

Beans

@Travis,

Yeah, I had a dual-boot somewhere to run a couple of games I'd bought recently. It wasn't too long before I found that I wasn't booting into it much at all anymore, myself.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you!

I hope you continue to have fun and enjoy Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Hey everyone,

My name is Brent and I am from Evansville. I have been using Ubuntu-server for a few years, and I have started to Advocate Ubuntu to home users and family members within the last few months. I was always a debian guy, and after a few problems with long release delays I dabbled with Gentoo and then found Ubuntu in its early beginnings. I have used Ubuntu-server for about everything you can think of, but I do have several servers using FreeBSD for firewall and Multi-WAN purposes. I have made several packages not in the repo's for myself, but I wouldn't call myself anything close to a programmer. I don't normally participate in public groups, but I love Ubuntu and would like to show some support and offer whatever I can.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

please read

Hi i have got the latest version of ubuntu and i only got one problem and thats the sound. It don't whant to go loud. please help

Beans

Re: please read

@bjmc: Cool! Well, welcome aboard! We're glad to have you. I'm usually on the mailing lists myself, though I try to take a stroll through the forums from time to time.

@hypert: Maybe if you could describe what your problem is with sound, we might be able to help. You should probably start a new thread, though, so its more visible and obvious that you're looking for help.

Beans

I know what step number two shall be. It shall be building a better conversion utility so that more microsoft users will be inclined to switch.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast