Thread: Getting a Glade GUI to run in Python?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Getting a Glade GUI to run in Python?

Can someone post the minimal python scripting code that will get a Glade GUI file to run and walk me through it a bit?

Beans

Re: Getting a Glade GUI to run in Python?

here's the barest of bare:
    Code:
    import gtk
    import gtk.glade
    xml = gtk.glade.XML('/usr/share/update-manager/glade/UpdateManager.glade','window_main')
    window = xml.get_widget('window_main')
    window.connect('destroy',gtk.main_quit)
    window.show_all()
    gtk.main()
    the only main point is the XML object. First parameter is the path, the second is the name of the widget.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: Getting a Glade GUI to run in Python?

Okay, that works.

Now can you help me figure out what's happening here:

Code:
    login@system:~/lab_software$ python rungui.py
    rungui.py:17: GtkWarning: gtk_tree_row_reference_new: assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_MODEL (model)' failed
      xml = gtk.glade.XML('lab_software.glade','MainLabWindow')
    rungui.py:17: GtkWarning: gtk_cell_view_set_displayed_row: assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_MODEL (cell_view->priv->model)' failed
      xml = gtk.glade.XML('lab_software.glade','MainLabWindow')
    rungui.py:21: GtkWarning: gtk_widget_get_clipboard: assertion `gtk_widget_has_screen (widget)' failed
      gtk.main()
    rungui.py:21: GtkWarning: gtk_clipboard_get_owner: assertion `clipboard != NULL' failed
      gtk.main()
    Also, for some reason, the first five (or so) tabs in my GUI don't want to work. I click on them but they refuse to show their contents or only do so once and never again. It may be due to the amount of widgets under those tabs but I doubt it because the first tab is very simple and should be displaying if that were the case.

Can you or anyone else lend a suggestion as to why tabs refuse to behave when clicked?

EDIT

Nevermind the tabs. I figured out what was wrong. I had the tab labels as 'Selectable' so when I clicked on them I was clicking on the text and not the tab. Works now, but that output I mentioned above makes no sense to this newbie programmer.
    Last edited by TheForkOfJustice; March 2nd, 2007 at 01:56 AM.