Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why you should use Ubuntu GNU/Linux, instead of proprietary OS/software

Beans

Exclamation Re: Why you should use Ubuntu GNU/Linux, instead of proprietary OS/software

Microsoft again proves it does not respect users privacy.

This update is posted to the initial post.

UPDATE (7/21/07): http://www.abanet.org/journal/ereport/jy13tkjasn.html
    Alternate: http://abajd.com/magazine/a_lot_of_room_in_its_view/

A Lot of Room in Its View
    Microsoft's Vista stores much more data—and may affect the discovery process
    By Jason Krause

Vista—Microsoft’s latest operating system—may prove to be most appropriately named, especially for those seeking evidence of how a computer was used.

(\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Beans

Exclamation Re: Why you should use Ubuntu GNU/Linux, instead of proprietary OS/software

thanks for supporting free software and atheists. i recently came out of the closet as an atheist. keep up the movement on both fronts/ the illogical thinking that leads to believing in god could possible damage the development of many things including free software. but thats just my opinion if you want to be illogical we can still be kool

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Why you should use Ubuntu GNU/Linux, instead of proprietary OS/software

Quote Originally Posted by redoscar3 View Post
    For those who are interested in learning more about the origins of GNU, Linux, and Open Source software, I'd like to recommend these two references. The first is a book by Glyn Moody called "Rebel Code : Inside Linux and the Open Source Revolution". It is copyright 2001, may be out of print, but should be available through your public library.
    Picked up a copy at my local library that they were getting rid of. Not bad for $1.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234