Thread: [REPO] Upgrade your EDGY to Xorg 7.2 - a new X server for "stable" version

Threaded View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Exclamation Re: [REPO] Upgrade your EDGY to Xorg 7.2 - a new X server for "stable" version

Quote Originally Posted by aluminum87 View Post
    I'll have to look into that, but is there any way for you to host the modified source files, or to go into any detail about how you managed to edit the versions to avoid conflict? I could compile it myself and try it out if you were able to do that.
    This is how I did this...

First of all you should edit your /etc/sources.list file adding this source repository:
    Code:
    # Ubuntu feisty main and universe sources repository
    deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu feisty main universe
    Then do a sudo sudo apt-get update and make a working dir and save and chmod +x this script into it (I called it "repackage") editing the optional fields:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash

packager="YourName"
    packager_email="name@company.net"
    version_sufix="~YourSufix0"

distro="$(cat "/etc/lsb-release"|grep "DISTRIB_CODENAME" | cut -d'=' -f2)"; #edgy

for i in ./*; do 
        if ( [ -d "$i" ] && [ -d "$i/debian" ] && [ ! -f "$i/.done" ] ); then 
            cd $i; 
            old_version=$(dpkg-parsechangelog|grep --max-count=1 -F "Version:" |cut -d" " -f2);
            source_package=$(dpkg-parsechangelog|grep --max-count=1 -F "Source:" |cut -d" " -f2);
            package=$(grep -F -m1 "Package:" "./debian/control" | cut -d" " -f2)
            #version=$(expr "$version" : "\([^-]\+\).*"); # edit version as you want
            #version=$(expr "$old_version" : "\([0-9:.-]\+\).*"); # edit version as you want
            version=$(echo $old_version | sed "s/ubuntu/$distro/")
            #version=$old_version
            #if TODO check installed version and autoselect version type
            #echo -e "$old_version -> $version";
            mv "./debian/changelog" /tmp;
            echo -e "$source_package (${version}${version_sufix}) $distro; urgency=low\n\n  * Repackaged under $distro by  $packager\n\n -- $packager <$packager_email>  $(LANG=en_US date +"%a, %d %b %Y %T %z")\n" > "./debian/changelog"
            cat "/tmp/changelog" >> "./debian/changelog"
            if debuild binary; then
                debuild clean
                mv "/tmp/changelog" "./debian/changelog" -v
                echo "" > "./.done"
            else
                mv "/tmp/changelog" "./debian/changelog" -v
            fi
            cd ..;
        fi;
    done

rm -f /tmp/changelog
    So you can run these commands:
    Code:
    apt-get source libdrm x11proto-damage x11proto-gl x11proto-randr x11proto-input xkeyboard-config
    sudo chown $USER:$USER ./ -R #maybe not needed; I won't repeat it.
    ./repackage
    Install the *.deb files you've just made; then
    Code:
    apt-get source mesa
    ./repackage
    Again, install the mesa .debs you've done (or just the *-dev ones); consider that you could have problems installing both the libosmesa* files an the glx ones; most important is mesa-swx11-source
    Code:
    apt-get source xorg-server
    ./repackage
    Install the debs file you've made (the *-dev ones are mostly important too):
    Code:
    apt-get source wacom-tools xorg xserver-xorg-input-acecad xserver-xorg-input-aiptek xserver-xorg-input-calcomp xserver-xorg-input-citron xserver-xorg-input-digitaledge xserver-xorg-input-dmc xserver-xorg-input-dynapro xserver-xorg-input-elo2300 xserver-xorg-input-elographics xserver-xorg-input-evdev xserver-xorg-input-fpit xserver-xorg-input-hyperpen xserver-xorg-input-jamstudio xserver-xorg-input-joystick xserver-xorg-input-keyboard xserver-xorg-input-magellan xserver-xorg-input-magictouch xserver-xorg-input-microtouch xserver-xorg-input-mouse xserver-xorg-input-mutouch xserver-xorg-input-palmax xserver-xorg-input-penmount xserver-xorg-input-spaceorb xserver-xorg-input-summa xserver-xorg-input-synaptics xserver-xorg-input-tek4957 xserver-xorg-input-ur98 xserver-xorg-input-vmmouse xserver-xorg-input-void xserver-xorg-video-amd xserver-xorg-video-apm xserver-xorg-video-ark xserver-xorg-video-ati xserver-xorg-video-chips xserver-xorg-video-cirrus xserver-xorg-video-cyrix xserver-xorg-video-dummy xserver-xorg-video-fbdev xserver-xorg-video-glint xserver-xorg-video-i128 xserver-xorg-video-i740 xserver-xorg-video-i810 xserver-xorg-video-i810-modesetting xserver-xorg-video-imstt xserver-xorg-video-mga xserver-xorg-video-neomagic xserver-xorg-video-newport xserver-xorg-video-nsc xserver-xorg-video-nv xserver-xorg-video-rendition xserver-xorg-video-s3 xserver-xorg-video-s3virge xserver-xorg-video-savage xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion xserver-xorg-video-sis xserver-xorg-video-sisusb xserver-xorg-video-tdfx xserver-xorg-video-tga xserver-xorg-video-trident xserver-xorg-video-tseng xserver-xorg-video-unichrome xserver-xorg-video-v4l xserver-xorg-video-vesa xserver-xorg-video-vga xserver-xorg-video-vga xserver-xorg-video-via xserver-xorg-video-via xserver-xorg-video-vmware xserver-xorg-video-voodoo
    ./repackage
    Install the needed packages you've made and that's all
    Last edited by Treviño; March 19th, 2007 at 11:42 AM.