Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: [REPO] Upgrade your EDGY to Xorg 7.2 - a new X server for "stable" version

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: [REPO] Upgrade your EDGY to Xorg 7.2 - a new X server for "stable" version

Exactly that...

BTW, I've updated the xorg packages, you should have downloaded them yet from my repo... They include now the patch to fix the memory leak of bug 92882

Let me know if you see a performance increasement

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Treviño View Post
    Exactly that...

BTW, I've updated the xorg packages, you should have downloaded them yet from my repo... They include now the patch to fix the memory leak of bug 92882

Let me know if you see a performance increasement
    I'm not sure about the performance increase just yet but it appears the memory leak is gone.

Thank you, Treviño!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by berserker View Post
    The command
    Code:
    glxgears
    used to output the frames per second. Then some time ago it was changed to
    Code:
    glxgears -printfps
    (among others). Someone wisely decided that's the whole reason anyone runs it in the first place so now we're back to
    Code:
    glxgears
    with no parameters required for fps.
    Oh, that's kinda stupid of me. Should have let it run for more than 5 seconds Actually I had just memorized -printfps. When I first started using linux it wasn't necessary (As you say)

Beans

Works good for me, on Edgy... Beryl 0.2 works too. But I had to recompile the nvidia driver again for some reason tho.

I used Envy to do that and it works great.

http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

Beans

I just had Update Manager update my Xorg files. What can I do to reinstall these files? Whenever I try to run the commands again I get errors (because I think it is already installed of course).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

never mind all is working well now
    Last edited by spockrock; March 17th, 2007 at 07:25 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Hi Treviño!...thanks for putting in the effort with the Edgy Xorg 7.2 repository. I'd really appreciate it if you could compile the same tweaked version for Edgy PPC; after I discovered that the ATI drivers work on the LiveCD of Feisty Herd 5, on 7.2, I realized this is going to be my last hope to use Beryl on a fully-supported version of Ubuntu for my architecture! Would you be willing to do this?

Thanks!
    -JW
    Last edited by aluminum87; March 17th, 2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I've no ppc hardware so I can't do it... Is there a way to compile for another arch?

Beans

Perhaps I spoke too soon. Xorg is up to over 300 MB after 24 hours. Will keep an eye on it.

EDIT: Reinstalled the "xserver-xorg" and "xserver-xorg-core" packages and 24 hours later Xorg usage is 78 MB and holding.
    Last edited by berserker; March 19th, 2007 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Reinstalled Xorg packages

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

I'll have to look into that, but is there any way for you to host the modified source files, or to go into any detail about how you managed to edit the versions to avoid conflict? I could compile it myself and try it out if you were able to do that.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast