Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: [REPO] Upgrade your EDGY to Xorg 7.2 - a new X server for "stable" version

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: [REPO] Upgrade your EDGY to Xorg 7.2 - a new X server for "stable" version

Did you read the EXA thing on main post?

Beans

I'm having the same problem with big fonts on login screen.
    Isn't XAA rendering on by default, /etc/X11/xorg.conf file isn't edited.

Beans
    Distro

Maybe you should set the default dpi to run with your X server...
    On gnome gnome-system-daemon manages them..

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

It seems to work pretty fine, I haven't noticed any differences yet. Although I had to reinstall the nvidia drivers and it complained that /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so is not a symbolic link. I'm pretty sure it was before this update. Actually I just checked it out and it IS a symbolic link. Strange...

Another thing I've noticed is that "glxgears -printfps" isn't working anymore...

Beans

Does the package "xserver-xorg-core" contain the patch mentioned in the bug report here?

Beans
    Distro

Rizado, yes actually glxgears doesn't need anymore the printfs parameter...

berserker, I don't think, I use the standard feisty version actually and it doesn't seem to include it, so please post an issue on launchpad to make that patch to be included on upstream, from my part I'll try to add it on my builds...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Treviño View Post
    berserker, I don't think, I use the standard feisty version actually and it doesn't seem to include it, so please post an issue on launchpad to make that patch to be included on upstream, from my part I'll try to add it on my builds...
    I posted a comment and the patch here.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by berserker View Post
    I posted a comment and the patch here.
    Good, but the right source package is xserver-xorg, so I've integred the bug I've found at https://beta.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ver/+bug/92882 (posted by someone today too) and marked yours as duplicate of it.

Anyway I'll apply the patch to my package, so wait for it

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Treviño View Post
    Rizado, yes actually glxgears doesn't need anymore the printfs parameter...
    What the... What's the reason for that? I used it all the time to check that my drivers were installed correctly.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rizado View Post
    What the... What's the reason for that? I used it all the time to check that my drivers were installed correctly.
    The command
    Code:
    glxgears
    used to output the frames per second. Then some time ago it was changed to
    Code:
    glxgears -printfps
    (among others). Someone wisely decided that's the whole reason anyone runs it in the first place so now we're back to
    Code:
    glxgears
    with no parameters required for fps.

Another way to check if your video driver is correctly installed is to use
    Code:
    glxinfo

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast