Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: [REPO] Upgrade your EDGY to Xorg 7.2 - a new X server for "stable" version

Beans

Re: [REPO] Upgrade your EDGY to Xorg 7.2 - a new X server for "stable" version

Quote Originally Posted by wax4213 View Post
    The newest update is not downloading correctly for me, it give me this error:
    I'm getting the same error.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by berserker View Post
    I'm getting the same error.
    Me too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Sorry for this... Unfortunately I had finished my 2Gb of space on my repository, but after some cleaning I found about 400MBs... So now all is working again with some updates (there should be improvements for itel users..)

Beans

(there should be improvements for itel users..)
    For Intel user ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Thanks for the repository! I have an intel i945 and this new Xorg improves things (especially Beryl) considerably for me. (Also, I was beginning to get bored with the lack of bleeding-edge software in Ubuntu. )

Anyway, I am getting one error when running any OpenGL app.

Code:
    do_wait: drmWaitVBlank returned -1, IRQs don't seem to be working correctly.
    Try running with LIBGL_THROTTLE_REFRESH and LIBL_SYNC_REFRESH unset.
    Any idea what this means?

OpenGL runs perfectly find here, so I'm not worrying about it much. But it would be nice to know what is going on. (For the record the two variables are not set anyway.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I don't really know these warnings, but it happens often that devs put some messages on mesa-lib loading for debugging purposes...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by spockrock View Post
    hmm on the the recent updates cause X to hardlock, its kinda frustrating... >_<

when I try to go back, I get, this;
    Code:
      libgl1-mesa-dev: Conflicts: libgl-dev
      libgl1-mesa-glx: Conflicts: libgl1
      libgl1-mesa-swx11: Conflicts: libgl1
      libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev: Conflicts: libgl-dev
    breakage, lol....
    Same problem here... I can't go back to edgy version...

Ah trevino... Dacce na mano

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinjiLeery View Post
    Same problem here... I can't go back to edgy version...

Ah trevino... Dacce na mano
    I can't go back either, and the updated 7.2 xorg broke hibernate for me, which I need on my laptop, so I'll need to reinstall this weekend looks like.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Here's a slower tip, but it can get you back to XOrg from Edgy without reinstall (7.2 will be in Feisty anyway):

• Remove the xorg-7.2 entry from your /etc/apt/sources.list
    • Reload your repositories, using Synaptic or sudo aptitude update
    • Open Synaptic
    • Using the bottom, left-hand corner filters, click on "Status".
    • Look up. Click on the filter for "Installed (local or obsolete)".
    • What comes up in the right is all of the drivers updated to 7.2, as part of the repo in this topic.
    • Click on each entry in the right, and use Control+E to force the version. In the dialog box, choose the one that has "edgy" at the end. If there are multiple ones (edgy-security, edgy-proposed, etc...) choose the latest version that is not in the xorg-7.2 repo.
    • You will encounter some problems in the Xorg large package. If you get any errors about a certain version having to be used, skip it and come back. Once you get to a certain package (I can't remember), you can downgrade them.
    • Make sure everything in the list pertaining to Xorg, or X, is being downgraded (it'll be a pretty shade of purple). DO NOT CONTINUE UNTIL THEY ARE ALL GOING TO BE DOWNGRADED!
    • Press 'Apply'. Wait for Synaptic to reinstall all of the lower-version packages.
    • Use Control+Alt+Backspace to restart X. Problem solved.
    • Cry tears of joy.
    Sincerely,
    Zachary Waldowski
    Dizzy Technology

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyTech View Post
    Here's a slower tip, but it can get you back to XOrg from Edgy without reinstall (7.2 will be in Feisty anyway):

• Remove the xorg-7.2 entry from your /etc/apt/sources.list
    • Reload your repositories, using Synaptic or sudo aptitude update
    • Open Synaptic
    • Using the bottom, left-hand corner filters, click on "Status".
    • Look up. Click on the filter for "Installed (local or obsolete)".
    • What comes up in the right is all of the drivers updated to 7.2, as part of the repo in this topic.
    • Click on each entry in the right, and use Control+E to force the version. In the dialog box, choose the one that has "edgy" at the end. If there are multiple ones (edgy-security, edgy-proposed, etc...) choose the latest version that is not in the xorg-7.2 repo.
    • You will encounter some problems in the Xorg large package. If you get any errors about a certain version having to be used, skip it and come back. Once you get to a certain package (I can't remember), you can downgrade them.
    • Make sure everything in the list pertaining to Xorg, or X, is being downgraded (it'll be a pretty shade of purple). DO NOT CONTINUE UNTIL THEY ARE ALL GOING TO BE DOWNGRADED!
    • Press 'Apply'. Wait for Synaptic to reinstall all of the lower-version packages.
    • Use Control+Alt+Backspace to restart X. Problem solved.
    • Cry tears of joy.
    I can't do this beacuse i can load Xorg. I have to do the operation only with the command shell

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast