Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for Xubuntu Testers

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Looking for Xubuntu Testers

Hello All,

We're trying to get more testers for Xubuntu in the run-up to the release of Feisty Fawn, so if you have a spare hard drive (or can spare a few partitions on a current hard drive), please consider putting Xubuntu through it's paces.

We've done quite a bit to revamp the Xubuntu Testing portion of the ubuntu wiki, so please take a look. You can find out more info, and get started here. Thanks very much for your help!

Jim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Looking for Xubuntu Testers

I'll give it a go

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

The amd64 image boots up AND I can use "Network Settings" to get my wireless config up and running
    I am typing this from the first image boot up - this looks very interesting.

In the normal Ubuntu I couldn't use any graphical tool to get the wireless connection going, so that's a good thing it works in Xubuntu (and that the amd64 image boots up entirely).

EDIT:
    When entering step 7 of the install (and after having chosen Danish as language), the sub title and two of the buttons are still in english - sub title is "Ready to install" and one button shows "Advanced..." the last button shows "Install" - these minor things should perhaps be translated as well now that most of the other things have been translated.
    Last edited by Juzz; February 27th, 2007 at 10:51 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

I'm running it now. For the most part it's quite stable (Herd5), I haven't had any hiccups yet.

I'm still monkeying with it but I've got my development environment running, vpn'ing into work, and jackin' around with the composite settings (WHICH I LOVE!)

J-mac
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Monkeys Monkeys Everywhere...

Beans

I'll give it a shot.

Beans

I'd like to add my support to this call. For Beta and onwards we will involve the whole distro team in active testing of ISOs. Unfortunately we will not be dedicating core developers to Xubuntu testing, so the community contribution is really important here.

j1mc, will you be coordinating the Xubuntu testing effort? Please email me at henrik AT ubuntu DOT com so we can get all the ducks lined up.
    Henrik Nilsen OmmaUbuntu QA Team Lead

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I tried Xubuntu Herd 5 three days ago. Pretty nice. Installed good. Ran fine. It's a bit spartan looking at first glance but I soon learned how to deal with it. Nice job.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Cool Re: Looking for Xubuntu Testers

Last time I tried Xubuntu I couldn't find an equivalent to Places, Network Servers which is similar to Windows Network Neigborhood. There are 5 systems on our local LAN, which are powered down when not in use, and come up with different addresses every time (same name, tho).

If there's a way to do Network Neighborhood on Xubuntu I can give it a try on some of our systems. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks, Jerry

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

So I'm not much for the graphical tools - I usually have scripts and my own python, perl/zenity utilities I use for such things. I'm a HUGE Xubuntu fan due to the resources consumed so it's a perfect tool for server deployment and development boxes.

BTW, I'm still running Herd5 and no problems...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Monkeys Monkeys Everywhere...

Beans

I'm in

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast