5 3.07%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: San Francisco Bay Area/Anywhere Nearby

Beans

Re: San Francisco Bay Area/Anywhere Nearby

From Sunnyvale, running Ubuntu AMD64 on AMD 4000+

Beans

Anyone interested in a (gasp!) physical meeting? Like at a cafe somewhere with free wifi so we don't have to abandon our keyboards? La Boulanger here in Los Altos is good: outdoor and indoor seating, pleasant environment, plenty of free parking, central location, close to 280 and El Monte. The coffee is OK and you get free refills.
    ubuntu user # 17477 , linux user # 454685

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I'd come over the hill for that, bliffle -- I'm in Santa Cruz -- but I'll also throw out the same question on this side of the hill: Anyone in Santa Cruz up for a meeting? E-mail me at larry.cafiero@gmail.com

If you do meet up in Los Altos, let me know.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lcafiero View Post
    I'd come over the hill for that, bliffle -- I'm in Santa Cruz -- but I'll also throw out the same question on this side of the hill: Anyone in Santa Cruz up for a meeting? E-mail me at larry.cafiero@gmail.com

If you do meet up in Los Altos, let me know.
    Heck, I might even go over the hill to Santa Cruz if you've got a nice spot, parking, free wifi, free refills, etc.

I'll mention it on IRC: #ubuntu-california

Beans

No bites, one light nibble.

No meeting planned, unless there's a groundswell of interest.

Beans

OK, I'll go trolling.

I'll be at the Los Altos Le Boulanger at Main St. and 2nd st. this afternoon from 3PM-4PM. I'll be sitting outside operating a black Thinkpad.

If anyone's interested, that is.

Beans

Well, I've been here waiting for a half hour.

Anyone?

Beans

No takers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I'm with you Biffle, but there are apparently still some glitches in this whole asynchronous communication concept. Maybe what we need is a snowball effect, like the zombie mobs in SF or Critical Mass.

I just created a gmail account called ubuntubayarea@gmail.com. Everyone on this thread will get a pm with admin privileges in the next couple minutes.

You can use it at the address and the p-word is available to anyone who posts here or pm's and has made any posts.

Use your forlorn Epiphany ("sudo apt-get install epiphany-browser") or Opera browser to store the cookie and upload events. I will make a point of it. I was just at the Engadget event and it really brought the point home that life is too short to not meet the comrades in your midst.

Let's see if we can use the calendar. You can subsribe to an xml feed at this address:

http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds...m/public/basic

Anyone can upload an event. This is like twitter for people who can't be bothered. If this link has been dead for two months by the time anyone sees this, still upload, what does it cost?

The first person to upload will get my new 2 gig LG retractable USB mass storage device/ media player with support for OGG, mp3 etc and a good lithium ion battery, provided they pick it up in person. The second person can have an also brand new boxed Gigabyte S series motherboard supporting socket the 775 cpu's with the GPL'd 945 GMA video device. (I swapped it because I thought there was a motherboard problem when in fact it was the $.50 power circuit.) That condition means that any of the first ten could get either, given who's online in Estonia. I haven't used the media player more than 20 minutes since work provided a media-capable Blackberry. It is a shame to see it go to waste; this is not bribery, this is community

I am going to post a few events on the weekend and next, I hope someone changes them. The default location is Philz Coffee on 24th and Folsom, google it, it is the best coffee since Adam, it is worth a half hour or more by car and come to think of it I've driven farther. Airport cabs pull up there all the time for people who need one thing more than being at home. If you read Laughing Squid this is what Scott Beale is constantly raving about. It is possibly the only thing worth traveling more than 20 minutes for in the Bay Area, and it happens to be near BART. Plus the owner is the kind of guy who welcomes these things, in addition to being the Einstein of coffee.

My name is Brian and you can see me here at flickr. Hope to see some of you there or any other place you decide to change the calendar to.

See then,

Brian

PS-- Goes without saying you can FW info to people you trust. I will be there getting galvanized on Coffee either way, would love to connect
    Last edited by bvmou; October 13th, 2007 at 08:06 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by SubWolf View Post
    Felton, near Santa Cruz.
    SubWolf -- Felton here, too. Stop by HeliOS Solutions West at the Felton Trading Post (I'm usually there mornings, though) and let's talk.

Larry Cafiero
    HeliOS Solutions West
    "Bringing FOSS to the Redwoods"

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast