Thread: Hello! Some ideas

Beans

Hello! Some ideas

Hey everyone, I'm new to Ubuntu but a life-long Essex County res.

I noticed the agenda for the next meeting included increasing awareness. How about posting a flier in a (conveniently located) library about an intro to Ubuntu/Linux session with a focus on creating a dual boot system. Attach an email address (maybe set up a gmail account) and see if there's any interest in it.

I think a beginners class with a focus on a dual boot environment would help people get their foot in the water.

flame on..

Matt

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Hello! Some ideas

my university's ACM chapter did an "intro to linux" tutorial using ubuntu, we had a great turnout. it went pretty well

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Sorry I didn't respond earlier; I don't usually check the forums. I'm subscribed to the subforum now 8)

Right now I'd really like to get the LUGs involved with the team -- I want to plan events, but I want there to be members first. Please sign up up the launchpad, join the mailing list, and get on the #ubuntu-us-nj IRC channel. If you're familiar with any LUGs, let them know about the team

Please take a look at my post on having a meeting:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=370576

Hope to see ya soon!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_CoT View Post
    Sorry I didn't respond earlier; I don't usually check the forums. I'm subscribed to the subforum now 8)
    Hey it's a forum not a messenger

I'm not familiar with lugs or with launchpad. I'll check out the channel though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

after dual-boot how about some command line basics for the newbies?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I think dual booting is cool - but depending on what level/types of noobs we're talking, LiveCD might be more appealing. This way they don't run the risk of ruining their windows install (at all).
    ./vik
    http://www.xckd.com/c210.html
    Genius in comic form.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi All
    Long time Windows Admin now seeing the Ubuntu light! I have all my home pcs on Ubuntu Feisty and a server on Dapper doing some LAMP hosting for an FTP and two web sites. Would love to get someone in my area, (I live in East orange close to Newark and NJIT, Rutgers , and UMDNJ) to bounce ideas off of and teach me Linux at a higher level. I don't dual-boot at at the moment, I prefer to use VMWARE serve, but knowing these types of things would be great!
    Pokey Styles
    RumShop Research, Inc.

Never argue with and idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you on experience!