Thread: Salome Installation

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Salome Installation

Hi,

Anyone having success in installing Salome in Ubuntu? I keep on getting an error of

Not supported Linux platform!

error while loading shared libraries: libmng.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

when i try to run python runInstall.

Any help?

Thanks
    Last edited by in_flu_ence; February 25th, 2007 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Beans
    Distro

Re: Salome Installation

The above mentioned problem seems only exist for 64bit ubuntu/kubuntu.

I had tried running python runInstall in a 32bit environment. It works. Basically, it will ask you to make some decision on gcc and stuff and I just not install gcc and use the default for the remaining.

There seems to be an error in the KERNEL_3.2.2/salome.sh at the end.

so change the 2nd line using a text editor to the following

Code:
    output=`echo $1 $2 | awk -W sprintf=5060 -v dir=$3 '{        \
    Do not do a copy and paste because the ` sign seems always give people problem. just add the bold part to the default .sh file.

I have created another .sh file to auto run both the source salome.sh function and ./runSalome function since that is not activated once the terminal is closed.

Hope this helps.

Beans
    Distro

To resolve the 64bit libmng.so issue, I have downloaded the debian package from the official site.
    Then place the zipped files into /usr/lib32

After which, the installation should run smoothly according to the Readme provided in the official package.

Remember to add the lib32g2c0 package from adept or synaptic.

Hope this helps for those who use the software.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by in_flu_ence; January 12th, 2008 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Adding missing instruction

Beans

Thank you

Thanks for your information.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by in_flu_ence View Post
    To resolve the 64bit libmng.so issue, I have downloaded the debian package from the official site.
    Then place the zipped files into /usr/lib32

After which, the installation should run smoothly according to the Readme provided in the official package.

Remember to add the lib32g2c0 package from adept or synaptic.

Hope this helps for those who use the software.
    thanks man, that saved my ******* day

Beans
    Distro

For those using Salome to export mesh to OpenFOAM in unv format, there is a unv convertor available as attached. While it is not officially within the OpenFOAM package, it has been reported to work. So it should work but with no guarantee/warranty.

1)To make it work, simply unzip it into the ~/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.3/applications/utilities/mesh/conversions/

2) Type in: cd unvToFoam

3) Type in: wmake

Once compiled, it should work.

Common issue
    During compilation, I notice that there is an error message of the following
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -liberty

To resolve this, install the binutils-dev package via synaptic, adept or apt-get.

Recompile the convertor by using wmake at the unvToFoam folder.

Support
    I do not provide support for this convertor since it is not made by me. You can get support from the official OpenFOAM forum.

Good Luck
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

http://ubuntuforums.org/newreply.php...te=1&p=2209380

Hi, I am having trouble installing Salome on Ubuntu 7.04 32bit machine. Have you installed it on 7.04? Thanks.

Beans

I am experiencing some troubles after installing Salome Platform 3.2.6 (the sarge binary Install wizard) on Ubuntu Hardy Heron 64 bit...

did all the steps that where mentioned so far and could install whithout errors showing up during the install process.

afterwards, when doing

$~/salome_3.2.6/KERNEL_3.2.6/bin/salome$ ./runSalome

I get:

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/digital/salome_3.2.6/KERNEL_3.2.6/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 23, in ?
        import orbmodule
      File "/home/digital/salome_3.2.6/KERNEL_3.2.6/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 21, in ?
        from omniORB import CORBA
    ImportError: No module named omniORB
    I placed the libmng.so.1 in /usr/lib32 and also added the lib32g2c0 package, and made the change to salome.sh.

Any more suggestions?

http://salome-platform.org/forum/?gr...=9&thread=1990 could help... I'm trying this now
    Last edited by skidzo; August 27th, 2008 at 09:01 AM. Reason: new information in the salome forum

Beans

I wrote installation instructions for Salome-Meca 2008.1 (Salome with Code_Aster integrated) here:

http://www.caelinux.org/wiki/index.p...me-Meca-2008.1

Also, I read in the CAELinux forums that the next version of CAELinux will most probably be based on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS 64-bit, around March next year.
    Last edited by Jagermeister; November 12th, 2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: typo