Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo 2 + LoD Tutorial

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Diablo 2 + LoD Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by OrbitWhite View Post
    ok well, i checked the drivers, and they are saing "sirect rendering:yes"... i reinstalled d2, patched it successfully, put d2loader in the folder, launched it... and SAME error!

it like launches, goes to a black screen(makes you think that the cinematics are going to start playing) and then it shows the top and the bottom of my ubuntu desktop with the black screen in between, and then it gives me that error "Hey guys; We got a big error here"
    crashed!

this computer worked with d2 beautifully in windows... and many other games...

does anyone have any ideas?

maybe there is a way to run it in window mode, which of coarse makes things smoother?
    Please open the d2loader from a terminal and see what output it gives you... it sounds exactly like an xrandr error... which video card do you have? Try typing xrandr in the terminal and see what it gives you... Also, try using the original exe and the expansion cdrom, just in case you got a bad loader...
    Stop Trusted Computing! http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html
    Asus Rampage 2 Extreme/2.66GHz i7 Quad/6GB DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24/2x Nvidia 9800GTX+
    2x150GB 10krpm HD/2x1TB 7200RPM HD/3ware RAID/
    Xubuntu 11.04/Arch Linux/Gentoo Linux/Fedora

Beans

WOW!!! I just launched it from the terminal and it worked!!!

Thanks so much everyone!

If i run into anymore problem, you will see me again !

Beans
    Distro

Thanks so much everyone!

Heh.. Have fun doing Meph runs
    Asus Rampage 2 Extreme/2.66GHz i7 Quad/6GB DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24/2x Nvidia 9800GTX+

Beans

hey all,

just got d2 and lod installed in wine. however i have an issue were it messes with my screen resolution when i start it up. it brings it in to about 680 x 400 or so when i have it set otherwise as 1280x800. where do i have to go so i keep this resolution?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by lastelement0 View Post
    hey all,

just got d2 and lod installed in wine. however i have an issue were it messes with my screen resolution when i start it up. it brings it in to about 680 x 400 or so when i have it set otherwise as 1280x800. where do i have to go so i keep this resolution?
    The games highest possible resolution is 800 x 600.. its native and lowest setting is 640 x 480. If youre monitor is 1280x800, then xrandr needs to resize the desktop to 800x600, hence making the game fullscreen even at such a low resolution...

Open a terminal and type:

xrandr

and if it prints out a bunch of resolutions, then you should be good. You can grab a program called grandr (sudo apt-get install grandr) that will give you a graphic interface to xrandr, change the desktop resolution, and then run the game and see how it works...

Check a few posts up for help on xrandr if youre using an Nvidia card and its not working..

**EDIT**- if youre saying that upon exiting the game your resolution is stuck at 640x480, then you could use grandr to switch back after game (could run the game with a script). This shouldnt happen though...
    Last edited by GSF1200S; March 13th, 2008 at 05:02 AM.

Beans

Thanks so much everyone!

Yea now i know why it worked...

for some reason it doesnt launch with sound

it worked because i did -ns after the launch command (for no sound)

Beans

I installed D2 + LoD and the 1.11b update. I'm also using the d2loader because when I try to use the cd it just keeps telling me to insert the cd. Now the problem is when I try to start up the game it flashes black then gives me the "hey guys, big error" message. After i close it every thing is really bright and looks like crap on my screen and I have to do ctrl+alt+backspace to fix it. Anyone know whats up?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Update: I reinstalled everything and it worked until I tried to change the resolution to 800x600. Then the same problem started again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

thanx same problem
    Last edited by PseudoRasta; April 18th, 2008 at 09:34 PM. Reason: had two forums open , posted in wrong one

Beans

i installed diablo 2 + lod ( orginal games ) without having problems and i patched v1.11. I try to play game intro and cinematics are okey but main menu isnt appear but main menü sounds and button sounds comming, i mean game is not locked. When i did winecfg virtual desktop there is no problem but i want to play full screen. I have latest nvidia driver and in use what should i do ?

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast