Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 LastLast

Thread: Desktop Hardware Compatibility List.

Beans

Re: Desktop Hardware Compatibility List.

Tested Ubuntu 16_04 on HP 450 G2 Intel core i7: it works fine out of the box.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Gigabyte Brix Pro 5775 barebones kit.

Moved 16.04.03 to a Gigabyte Brix Pro 5775. As said in the reviews at Newegg, it makes a LOT of fan noise, but has been up now on this machine for about two weeks without a crash of any kind. ($249.99 US on Cyber Monday, paid for 3 day delivery, took 10 days) It has been rebooted due to kernel upgrade recently. Ran first time on a HD recovered from a laptop with a fried MB thanks to a cup of coffee. The original laptop had an Intel i7 with integrated gpu. Used the memory (Hynix PC3L) from the same HP laptop. Ran without making any changes on my part or difficulty with Linux or the Ubuntu distribution. It quit looking for the laptop's touchpad after the first reboot, which I did immediately after its first boot from the laptop HD (Toshiba 750 GB). Rebooted once since then, after the last kernel update.
    Screenshot from 2017-12-24 00-38-25.png
    Getting ready to give it a load with the Ubuntu Folding Team.
    Reading Sticky Threads is informative and saves time.

Beans

Re: nightmare with epson et-3600

i am trying to to install this printer follow the installation guides , and nothing works ,i am running ubuntu 16.04 on acer laptop 64bit i download the drivers from epson websites available for ubuntu 16.04 i installed it,and nothing i does not print ,it allow me to install it but as a generic printing ,does not use drivers install it ,make me choose the available on data base ,brand,model that is not available,it use generic but does not let do anything i cant print,please if anyone can help i will appreciate thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Wacom Bamboo usb tablet.
    Tablet detected but stylus does not work
    Ubuntu 18.04
    The sig between the asterisks is SO COOL that only REALLY COOL people can even see it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I have a JBL Everest 700 Bluetooth headphone and I'm looking for a compatible Bluetooth adapter so I can listen from my PC. I am using Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS. Can anyone recommend me a good one that works?
    Last edited by djdg; August 19th, 2018 at 09:44 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by djdg View Post
    I have a JBL Everest 700 Bluetooth headphone and I'm looking for a compatible Bluetooth adapter so I can listen from my PC. I am using Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS. Can anyone recommend me a good one that works?
    I recently went through the same search. I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 as well, and the Panda Bluetooth 4.0 USB Nano Adapter (can I put an Amazon link in here?) worked out-of-the-box for me with my Bluetooth headset. I have it plugged in one of the front USB 3.0 ports on my desktop, and I get about the 30-foot range they advertise, though it cuts out a bit if I am that far away and there is a wall in between me and the transmitter. I've never had any issues with it being recognized, no need for any extra driver with 18.04, and no problem pairing with my headphones. The really nice thing about 18.04 is that when the headphones are connected, they are automagically selected as the output device. When I turn them off, Ubuntu goes back to my default sound output device.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by linux4me View Post
    I recently went through the same search. I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 as well, and the Panda Bluetooth 4.0 USB Nano Adapter (can I put an Amazon link in here?) worked out-of-the-box for me with my Bluetooth headset. I have it plugged in one of the front USB 3.0 ports on my desktop, and I get about the 30-foot range they advertise, though it cuts out a bit if I am that far away and there is a wall in between me and the transmitter. I've never had any issues with it being recognized, no need for any extra driver with 18.04, and no problem pairing with my headphones. The really nice thing about 18.04 is that when the headphones are connected, they are automagically selected as the output device. When I turn them off, Ubuntu goes back to my default sound output device.
    That's funny: I kept on searching after my request and found the Panda Adapter also! Your experience sounds good to me, so I think I will purchase this item also! Thanks for your answer

Beans

Exclamation Re: Desktop Hardware Compatibility List.

Ubuntu version 18.04LTS
    Motherboard : Gigabyte B450i Aorus Pro Wifi AM4 mini-ITX
    Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 2400G (APU)
    Ram : Corsair Dominator Platnium DDR4 2666
    SSD : Corsair FORCE Series MP300 240GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD

I have been searching through the forum but have not found any post on a build using AMD Ryzen 5 2400g APU. Has anyone had experience with this platform and how it performs for light gaming?

Thank You in advance

Beans

Ubuntu 18.04.1
    Motherboard : Asus Crosshair Hero VI (Wifi-AC) X370
    Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 1600
    Graphics card : Sapphire Radeon RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB GDDR5
    RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 8GB (2x)
    SSD : Kingston A400 120GB
    HDD : 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7.2kRPM

The whole system is shared in a dual boot with Windows 10. Throughout my tests with it, no sound issues right after installation. No graphical issues, the GPU works great (to be expected, thanks AMD). Performs quite good in gaming, just need v-sync in Rocket League because the frame tearing makes the experience worse than it could be. The wifi card is working without any tweaking around. Though I didn't test HDA, only the motherboard audio ports.

Beans

Samsung Notebook 7 Spin (NP750QUA) Works only with version 18.10.

Keyboard lighting does not work. Must have kernel 4.18 or newer to work to boot Ubuntu.
    Last edited by whi2468; February 14th, 2019 at 08:07 PM.

Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 LastLast