Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: How To: Svideo / Dual Monitor(xinerama) / Dual Monitor(cloned desktop) on i945

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How To: Svideo / Dual Monitor(xinerama) / Dual Monitor(cloned desktop) on i945

Unfortunately this howto doesn't work on my feisty as far as the tv-out question is concerned.
    I got no tv output at all.

By the way, with my original single screen xorg.conf TV-out is enabled as default but in B/W.
    I guess the problem is either NTSC (my tv is PAL) or, more probably the SVIDEO option (mine is COMPOSITE)
    I tried adding the PAL and COMPOSITE option to the xorg single conf file but I still have B/W tv-out.
    Any hints?

I still have to try connecting an external VGA monitor ant test it.

My original xorg:

Section "Device"
    Identifier "945GM"
    Driver "i810"
    BusID "PCI:0:2:0"
    VideoRam 131072
    Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps"
    Option "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"
    Option "EnablePageFlip" "true"
    Option "TVStandard" "PAL"
    Option "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"
    Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"

EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "Generic Monitor"
    Option "DPMS"
    HorizSync 28-64
    VertRefresh 43-60
    EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Default Screen"
    Device "945GM"
    Monitor "Generic Monitor"
    Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "true"
    Option "DisableGLXRootClipping" "true"
    DefaultDepth 24
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 1
    Last edited by suoko; June 3rd, 2007 at 10:58 AM.
    15.04 on a sammy NP300E5A-S06IT notebook

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How To: Svideo / Dual Monitor(xinerama) / Dual Monitor(cloned desktop) on i945

By the way, with the new intel driver, all you have to do is plug in the s-video cable and ctrl/alt/backspace (restart the x server) as far as I can tell this works out of the box. If I am mistaken let me know...
    A computer allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Beans

just used your fix to get svideo out on an acer aspire 3680... many thanks .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ripfox View Post
    By the way, with the new intel driver, all you have to do is plug in the s-video cable and ctrl/alt/backspace (restart the x server) as far as I can tell this works out of the box. If I am mistaken let me know...
    That's right but it is in B/W here in Europe (where we use PAL)...
    I guess they chose NTSC as default since DELL sells notebooks with this intel GPU and ubuntu preinstalled in U.S. only....
    15.04 on a sammy NP300E5A-S06IT notebook

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by ripfox View Post
    this new intel driver - is it the one installed by default in feisty, or do i have to install it myself?
    last.fm: the social music revolution.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Smile Re: How To: Svideo / Dual Monitor(xinerama) / Dual Monitor(cloned desktop) on i945

It worked fine for me, i have a 950 gma and feisty installed.
    Also to work with vlc:

- Options>Preferences>Video>Output Module or Out Module (I have it in spanish )

- Check the advanced options

- Select X11

- Save and enjoy

At least this is how it worked for me, i hope the same for you.

PD: Featherking i send you a pm with this so you can update the original post

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by groggyboy View Post
    this new intel driver - is it the one installed by default in feisty, or do i have to install it myself?
    I am still having problems, so I'd like to know this too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Talking Re: How To: Svideo / Dual Monitor(xinerama) / Dual Monitor(cloned desktop) on i945

awesome! thanks man! i now have s-video! ^_^
    my system: Acer Aspire 5580 with 1.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD running UBUNTU 8.04

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lummer View Post
    I am still having problems, so I'd like to know this too.
    Nope not installed by default:

Code:
    Sudo Apt-get video-intel

And your done. If on restart X doesn't work put in sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg and choose video intel instead of i810 or before restarting x exchange all occurences of video-i810 by video-intel in etc/x11/xorg.conf
    For Gutsy Tribe 1 it is installed by default, however video-i810 is chosen by default (since around 2 weeks gutsy allows to have both installed but X.org defaults it i810.)

Beans

Method in original post works great on my Acer Aspire 3680-2633 laptop. Thanks to the community. :0)

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast