View Poll Results: How long have you been using Ubuntu?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a newbie! Less than 3 months

55 24.02%
  • Between 3 months and a year.

52 22.71%
  • A year to 2 years.

86 37.55%
  • Since the beginning!

36 15.72%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Welcome, Introduce Yourself

Beans

Red face Re: Welcome, Introduce Yourself

Hello! I'm Monica, and been in Georgia for almost 3 years and using Ubuntu on my desktop for about 2! Recently, I just installed my first LAMP server running Wordpress on 18.04 SE, and have started courses on containers and orchestration on Linux Academy. Even though this board has been quiet for the past few years, I'm hoping there's still a few Atlanta area-lurkers about who might be up for a meetup in the near future!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Welcome, Introduce Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by madhens View Post
    Hello! I'm Monica, and been in Georgia for almost 3 years and using Ubuntu on my desktop for about 2! Recently, I just installed my first LAMP server running Wordpress on 18.04 SE, and have started courses on containers and orchestration on Linux Academy. Even though this board has been quiet for the past few years, I'm hoping there's still a few Atlanta area-lurkers about who might be up for a meetup in the near future!
    https://www.meetup.com/ALE-Atlanta-Linux-Enthusiasts/ - mainly used for the calendar.
    ale.org - join the main email list. Besides the meetings, that's where ALE communicates.

Sorry we miss your original posts. Don't really think of these forums for Georgia Linux stuff. Hope to see you at some ALE meetings!

Beans

Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 20 at home as my main OS. but some times fall back to Win10 when need to use Acrobat or office.
    In addition in most of my working environments I had Win10 as working station

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Just wanted to post that ALE (Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts) is bigger than ever with almost 2000 members.

We have multiple meetings weekly and a monthly meeting too. ALE-NW has become mostly virtual and meets Sunday afternoons on Jitsi. Usually there are 15+ people attending, some from all over the USA and a few international attendees. This is a free-form meeting without any agenda. Different people ask questions and we try to find answers. Sometimes we don't have an answer. If someone else there has similar interests, you both can work on it together. Users helping users.

And ALE isn't Ubuntu-centric, though many members use Ubuntu.

All are welcome. Come. Introduce yourself. Ask questions or lurk. https://www.meetup.com/ale-atlanta-linux-enthusiasts/ is for information about meetings.
    https://ale.org/ is the main website, but really only used to manage our email lists. They are low volume, so sign up. You have control over how you get the emails. We use mailman. It is easy to leave, if the few messages each week aren't useful). Instructions are provided in every email from ALE.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617