View Poll Results: How long have you been using Ubuntu?

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a newbie! Less than 3 months

54 24.11%
  • Between 3 months and a year.

52 23.21%
  • A year to 2 years.

84 37.50%
  • Since the beginning!

34 15.18%
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Welcome, Introduce Yourself

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Welcome, Introduce Yourself

Hey i am Joel, just started using ubuntu cause windows is a pain in the **** and i really like software and trying new things.
    Find it awesome so far and hope to one day be able to help people just like i am hoping they will help me to learn the basics and solve problems

Beans

Hello everyone,
    I've been playing with linux on and off since around 2001, started with mandrake (back when it was mandrake...lol). Since then I've used fedora and knopix, DSL. Ubuntu had me at install. I'm a network administration / it manager / system manager for a private school and been a geek since like 1992. I finally dumped windows about 3 weeks ago on my home machine for ubuntu and haven't looked back...ok i confess, i have windows installed for the sims 2 but thats the only reason.

I love ubuntu and decided I would get more involved in the community. Im from Augusta GA.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmaker View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I've been playing with linux on and off since around 2001, started with mandrake (back when it was mandrake...lol). Since then I've used fedora and knopix, DSL. Ubuntu had me at install. I'm a network administration / it manager / system manager for a private school and been a geek since like 1992. I finally dumped windows about 3 weeks ago on my home machine for ubuntu and haven't looked back...ok i confess, i have windows installed for the sims 2 but thats the only reason.

I love ubuntu and decided I would get more involved in the community. Im from Augusta GA.
    Alright! Now I'm not the only one here! I'm in Augusta too. The Linux group here is lacking, but if you want to check it out, the site is http://www.csralug.org/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hi - I've been a Linux user (Red Hat)for about 10 years but started using Ubuntu about a year ago. I've managed a few converts in that time, including the wife - she won't go back to Windows if her life depended on it.

I attended the ALE event last August at IBM - hope there are more events this year.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Hi. I've been using Ubuntu for just over a year, but I don't really remember my life before that . I'm in Decatur, but originally from Carrollton, by the way.
    yeats - Ubuntu 13.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    -
    Last edited by 7mkgw7q; May 10th, 2014 at 08:15 PM.

Beans

I'm Matthew, I live just outside the city limits of Atlanta, in unincorporated DeKalb County.

I'm dual booting my main computer in Win XP and Intrepid right now. I'm migrating to Linux slowly, but I made my mind up to switch once and for all a week ago. My reasons are much the same as Dvorak's.

So far, everything I've needed for work has worked (although printing is much slower). Booting is slower, but applications are running faster, so that all balances out. What's been nice is the balance between Win for viruses lack of security and Vista's nagging wife security emulation.

I can do ordinary work out of the box with no real root use. Installation of new packages requires a password, but that has not been especially burdensome.

What I'm hoping for from Linux (and most people think that it delivers) is freedom from bloatware. I know firefox is getting lethargic, but Ubuntu from all accounts does not slow down over time. I prefer a peppy and cheap OS to one that is feature rich but draggy.

Looking forward to meeting/talking with the rest of y'all.

Thanks.

-grubby is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Beans
    Hidden!

I've been using it off-and-on since August 2007.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hello all!

I started using linux about 2 years ago. Killed a computer trying to install it, but that didn't stop me! My first distro was Ubuntu, but I have also used (well, in most cases installed and then immediately replaced with something else) Fedora, Debian, OpenSuse, Zenwalk, Mandriva, freeBSD (lol), and ultimately the Linux From Scratch thing. I'm currently dual-booting Ubuntu and LFS.

I am a computer science student, and am interested in becoming a more active participant in the open-source/linux community. I live in Villa Rica, and am starting at the University of West Georgia in the fall.

Cheers!
    One does not simply rock into Mordor.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hey folks, Josh here. I believe I have already introduced myself once around a year and a half or longer ago, but after working a job without a computer for about a year I am just now getting back to Ubuntu and having to relearn the linux ways.

By the way, I'm from the Athens area.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast