Thread: linux-image-2.6.20-6-ps3, Repository?

Beans

linux-image-2.6.20-6-ps3, Repository?

Can anyone tell me what repo I might add to find the above mentioned package?

I've upgraded my Playstation 3 to Kubuntu Feisty Herd 3, but I'm still using the gentoo 2.6.16-ps3 kernel to make things work. I saw the above and linux-headers-2.6.20-6-ps3 referenced by packages in my list, but they don't seem to be available in any of the repositories I have configured.

I'm downloading the 2.6.20 source package now, and will try recompiling the kernel myself, assuming they contain everything needed for PS3 support.

-J

Beans

Re: linux-image-2.6.20-6-ps3, Repository?

I've run into a problem recompiling using the current source... so it looks like I'm stumped until there's an update or I can find the repository with the pre-built images.

LD init/built-in.o
    LD .tmp_vmlinux1
    arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o: In function `.dump_fir':
    ras.c.text+0x8ad4): undefined reference to `.cbe_get_cpu_pmd_regs'
    ras.c.text+0x8ae4): undefined reference to `.cbe_get_cpu_iic_regs'
    make[1]: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.20'
    make: *** [debian/stamp-build-kernel] Error 2

-J

Beans

Nevermind this thread. I got the kernel to compile (though it's not working 100% right yet).

Also, I updated my source list via source-o-matic (feisty) and was at least able to get the 20-7 image... though the ps3 metapackages don't seem to have been updated at this time.

Unfortunately, the 20-7 kernel fails to mount root for some reason, so I'm using Gentoo's vmlinux on my otherwise Feisty PS3 installation. I'm not sure if this is a side-effect of kboot or what, yet.

Beans

Did you ever get this recompiled kernel working? I am trying to recompile the original kernel source on the ps3 with a few modified settings, but am not having much luck getting it to run. Was wondering if maybe there were some parameters that needed tweaking somewhere.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Here is a related article that may shed some light on the subject.

http://julipedia.blogspot.com/2007/0...l-for-ps3.html