Thread: Joining team

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Joining team

Hi my name is Russell and I live in Casper Wyoming. I was wondering if the Coorado Team would except someone from Wyoming. Seeing how Wyoming is not really big enough in population to justify having its own team.

Thank You, Russell (rucadulu)
    My Home Network: 1 Athlon XP 1.5ghz, 1 Athlon XP 1.6ghz, 1 Athlon XP 2.0ghz, 1 Athlon 64 X2 2.4ghz, 1 Athlon 64 X2 2.1ghz, 1 Celeron 2.7ghz, 1 Pentium 4 2.4ghz, 1 Pentium 4 3.0ghz, 1 Pentium 4EE 3.2ghz and what a power bill "got love it".

Beans

Re: Joining team

Hey Russell....

While I don't think any of us would mind having you come to some of our events, there is actually a plan in place to have a team in every state by 2008. (I know it rhymes, blame the US-Team project creators).

The US Teams project (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/USTeams) is working very hard for this and I am sure they (along with the help of your neighbors to the south) would love to help you get a wyoming team started.

You can find them in the #ubuntu-us channel on irc.freenode.net and they're extremely helpful!

You can find us and the rest of our team usually in #ubuntu-colorado on irc.freenode.net. Additionally, you can check out our wiki page if you are curious: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ColoradoTeam

Cheers,
    David Overcash

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: Joining team

Hey Russell it's great to have someone up there. I am not to far from Wyoming so I think it's fine by me.

The Wyoming Team has to start somewhere I think we need someone up there anyway. If you are finding us then there are others.

I pass thru Wyoming every now and again on my way to Salt Lake City....great place and lot of great photography.

-David