Thread: Re: The internet servers were being bombed other day

Beans

Re: The internet servers were being bombed other day

Fom http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=355666

Furthermore, Suggesting that anyone deserves death in any post in these forums is not welcome and we request it not be repeated. - PriceChild
    Hmm, I think that is a going a bit overboard. Not everyone shares your believes on the death penalty and I do not believe you can enforce your believe system on others in such a way. Others might believe that murderers, rapists etc deserve it.

With the above sentiments you might want to have a look at this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=226392 and remove it from public view ?

Implying that someone deserves to die because they committed a computer crime is not the same thing as initiating or participating in an intelligent discussion of the merits of the death penalty. It was a knee-jerk reaction that was harsh and not in the spirit of "Humanity to Others."

(gentle tone here...) Really, if you have an issue with PriceChild's moderation of the thread the Resolution Center is the place for bringing it up. For that reason I'm going to close this thread. If my explanation above is unsatisfactory you or anyone else can post a new thread in that venue to complain. -matthew
    I do not agree with the statement that hackers deserve death but saying you cannot wish death upon any one in the forums is something different.

In the discussion on the merits of the death penalty some individuals echoed the sentiments that the death penalty should be applied to murderers, rapist, child molesters etc

Sorry but that is wishing death on someone, there is no difference. Whether you mention it in a thread on the death penalty or not. I don't see how it makes a difference really or am I alone here with my 'skewed' logic.

Beans

4. We ask if you did not start the thread you do not post or converse this will only dilute the resolution.

The thread is also staying closed, the staff discussed it and decided this is the best option. Besides this question is very prejudice if taken the wrong way. "Do you support ending the lives of crackers?"
    Last edited by ubuntu-geek; February 9th, 2007 at 12:07 AM.
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Ok but I was told to take it to the resolution centre.

Just close this thread then & I'll move on.