Thread: Deleting modules in SourceForge's CVS

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 5.10

Deleting modules in SourceForge's CVS

Although I am not a new programmer, these last few days have been my first stab at using CVS (as a developer, that is). Although I've gotten the hang of it mostly, I made quite a bit of a mess in my repositry -- mainly a lot of modules (directories) that shouldn't be there. The sourceforge documentation covers the deletion of individual FILES, but not entire modules. Can anyone please give me a quick primer to mass-deleting folders from SourceForge's CVS? Please note that I am NOT interested in keeping the files' history or anything like that -- I couldn't care less, I'll just re-commit them correctly. It's a young project. I just want to clean out all my "practice commits" for back when I had absolutely no idea what I was doing (aka a few days ago).

Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks!
    I seem to have discovered a truly remarkable proof for Fermat's Last Theorem, which this siggie is too small to contain.

Beans

Re: Deleting modules in SourceForge's CVS

Okay, I could be talking complete lies as I have not used CVS in a while. However, I do not think you delete directories in CVS, because of their "Attic" system for storing deleted files. Instead, you provide parameters to the CVS command line to make it ignore the empty folders. Any CVS wizards that see a flaw in the previous paragraph, feel free to correct it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by vague-
    Okay, I could be talking complete lies as I have not used CVS in a while. However, I do not think you delete directories in CVS, because of their "Attic" system for storing deleted files. Instead, you provide parameters to the CVS command line to make it ignore the empty folders. Any CVS wizards that see a flaw in the previous paragraph, feel free to correct it.
    if you want to remove a module in cvs, you have to contact the sourceforge-team, it is explained in the documentation somewhere. you can't do it yourself (as with directories)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 5.10

Ah, I see =/ Thanks guys!
    I seem to have discovered a truly remarkable proof for Fermat's Last Theorem, which this siggie is too small to contain.