Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How To: Make Your Own Ubuntu Repository DVDs

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Thumbs down Re: How To: Make Your Own Ubuntu Repository DVDs

Hi. This topic is one of my favorite . . What I'm interested in is how can I tell ebmirror to download all those debs and srcs in a particular folder.That;s because my / has 30 gb and my media/sda3 has 250 gb (sata II, 7200.10 )

Beans

Smile Re: How To: Make Your Own Ubuntu Repository DVDs

Quote Originally Posted by pana.corbului View Post
    Hi. This topic is one of my favorite . . What I'm interested in is how can I tell ebmirror to download all those debs and srcs in a particular folder.That;s because my / has 30 gb and my media/sda3 has 250 gb (sata II, 7200.10 )
    So, basically you want debmirror to download the repository files to a different folder/drive than the one described in the tutorial.

OK. Your 250 Gb drive is located at media/sda3. Excellent. Determine its mount-point (such as /bigdrive or /extra/bigdrive, that sort of thing). I am assuming it is mounted and ready to be used by Ubuntu.

Here is the original command:

debmirror --nosource -m --passive --host=archive.ubuntu.com --root=ubuntu/ --method=http --progress --dist=dapper,dapper-security,dapper-updates,dapper-backports --section=main,restricted,universe,multiverse --arch=i386 ~/UbuntuRepos --ignore-release-gpg

This is an example of a possible new command:

debmirror --nosource -m --passive --host=archive.ubuntu.com --root=ubuntu/ --method=http --progress --dist=dapper,dapper-security,dapper-updates,dapper-backports --section=main,restricted,universe,multiverse --arch=i386 /bigdrive/UbuntuRepos --ignore-release-gpg

I'm not wrapping the codes with the [ code ] attribute so you can see at a glance the difference between the commands. Here's the breakdown:
    1. The parts highlighted in red are what you change to match the version of Ubuntu you wish to download (dapper, edgy, feisty, etc. - see main tutorial for explanation).
    2. The part highlighted in bold represents the new download folder.
    There you go. I hope this answers your question. Feel free to tell me I'm completely wrong and did not understand your question correctly. I'll try again if I failed.

<><
    Last edited by BobSongs; February 4th, 2008 at 06:34 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: How To: Make Your Own Ubuntu Repository DVDs

Thanks a lot. That was exacly my point. I didn't realized that ubunturepos was going to be a folder where everything would be downloaded . I just had to add /media/sda3/UbuntuRepos. Now I'm waiting for the repos to download . I'll follow your tutorial to see if indeed I'l be a happy man )) thanks again.
    Last edited by pana.corbului; May 18th, 2007 at 07:00 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Later Edit... >>
    Relating console commands that should be applied after download is complete ..like debpartial --nosource --dirprefix=ubuntu --section=main,restricted,universe,multiverse --dist=dapper,dapper-security,dapper-updates,dapper-backports --size=DVD ~/UbuntuRepos/ ~/UbuntuDVDs/ >> I guess that I need to be in /media/sda3 before execute them . (cd /media/sda3) or to sprecify where's ~ media/sda3?

I solved it by replacing all ~ with /media/sda3. What I'm on it now is a utf-8 error when I'm building my dvd iso's
    Last edited by pana.corbului; May 18th, 2007 at 09:04 PM.

Beans

Smile Re: How To: Make Your Own Ubuntu Repository DVDs

What I'm on it now is a utf-8 error when I'm building my dvd iso's

Can you paste the error message verbatim from your Terminal? I'd like to see exactly what it says. And which command invokes this error. Thanks!
    Last edited by BobSongs; May 19th, 2007 at 03:34 AM.

Beans
    Distro

It isn't actually an error. It's more a warning

"mkisofs: Warning: -follow-links does not always work correctly; be careful.
    INFO: UTF-8 character encoding detected by locale settings.
    Assuming UTF-8 encoded filenames on source filesystem,
    use -input-charset to override."
    Without overriding with --input-charset, after a while it begins building the iso. This warning appeared at the second iso till the last. First iso was clean of warnings.

And relating canonical commercial repository it seems that it downloads packages but I get this message "Release signature does not verify, use -v to see the gpg error".

I've made iso's for comercial and plf and comercial has 249 mb and plf 58,8 mb . Is it normal? That is the specific size?
    Last edited by pana.corbului; May 19th, 2007 at 10:37 AM.

Beans

Wink Re: How To: Make Your Own Ubuntu Repository DVDs

It isn't actually an error. It's more a warning

"mkisofs: Warning: -follow-links does not always work correctly; be careful.
    INFO: UTF-8 character encoding detected by locale settings.
    Assuming UTF-8 encoded filenames on source filesystem,
    use -input-charset to override."
    Without overriding with --input-charset, after a while it begins building the iso. This warning appeared at the second iso till the last. First iso was clean of warnings.

And relating canonical commercial repository it seems that it downloads packages but I get this message "Release signature does not verify, use -v to see the gpg error".

I've made iso's for comercial and plf and comercial has 249 mb and plf 58,8 mb . Is it normal? That is the specific size?
    The Canonical Commercial repositories are very, very small compared to the main repositories. Roughly the size you described at this point in time. The PLF repositories are even smaller.

Good to hear it's only a warning during DVD creation. I hope the DVDs are flawless.

As far as the "Release signature does not... blah, blah" I get that from time to time too. I have a theory about this. I believe we receive this message because someone is in the process of updating some files in the repositories. And this message appears until everything is recalibrated. This is my theory. And you're welcome to it.

Beans
    Distro

I didn't get the chance to test DVDs, but monday is gonna be the day (At work I have ISA server and it has enabled only http port...I can't download anything relating apt-get or snaptic ..this is the point where DVD's come in handy )

Later edit: I've removed ftp. I expected to have vizitors to download iso's but there was a lack of interest. I guess some prefer online repositories.

So far so good, I hope there're others who found this tutorial useful as I did.
    Last edited by pana.corbului; May 23rd, 2007 at 10:13 AM.

Beans

I have the following problem.......
    after the download i run this command:

Code:
    dipodo@dipodo-desktop:~$ debpartial --nosource --dirprefix=ubuntu --section=main,restricted,universe,multiverse --dist=feisty,feisty-security,feisty-updates,feisty-backports --size=DVD ~/ubuntu/ ~/UbuntuDVDs/
    and i get this output

Code:
    Reading dists/feisty/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz... failed
    No such file or directory - /home/dipodo/ubuntu//dists/feisty/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
    any ideas????

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dipodo View Post
    I have the following problem.......
    after the download i run this command:

Code:
    dipodo@dipodo-desktop:~$ debpartial --nosource --dirprefix=ubuntu --section=main,restricted,universe,multiverse --dist=feisty,feisty-security,feisty-updates,feisty-backports --size=DVD ~/ubuntu/ ~/UbuntuDVDs/
    and i get this output

Code:
    Reading dists/feisty/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz... failed
    No such file or directory - /home/dipodo/ubuntu//dists/feisty/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
    any ideas????
    Yeah. It's an easy one. You've probably already figured it out. Correct your code to this:
    debpartial --nosource --dirprefix=ubuntu --section=main,restricted,universe,multiverse --dist=feisty,feisty-security,feisty-updates,feisty-backports --size=DVD ~/UbuntuRepos/ ~/UbuntuDVDs/
    Last edited by BobSongs; February 4th, 2008 at 06:37 AM.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast