View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1350

Thread: To those who still have Windows, when can you get rid of it?

Beans

Re: To those who still have Windows, when can you get rid of it?

only machine i have at home is Linux--the day after i registered in this forum.

and i've found a good way to spread ubuntu...all those friends and family that beg for tech support on their windows systems now have another thing coming!

from now on, when they have big system problems that need a rebuild or any other shenanigans due to a windows virus, i'll offer to install/support ubuntu for them, or they can look elsewhere for windows help. i'm ruthless

Beans

as you can see by my signature below... and i had WoW playing great until my video card died and i bought a new one... it is supported but either WoW or wine is not picking up on that. be a few but i will be back on WoW again and lovin' being windows free.
    Oh life SUX when you actually "need" windows ... WoW works great on ubuntu 9.10 with the newest beta wine 1.1.40

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I'll make a complete switch when...

- Support for the Creative X-Fi Expresscard is around,
    - There is either a port of or a WORTHY competitor to the notation program Finale (Lilypond just doesn't cut it.)
    - Making the fingerprint reader work isn't an exercise in rage on 64 bit
    - There's more pro-quality audio software around, and pro audio hardware support.

That's about it.

Beans

I have already crossed over. My Dell XPS 140 now only has Ubuntu. I was mucking around with WINE, Virtual Box, etc., so that I can use Quicken but it was too painful and just didn't work. My wife's laptop is on WinXP and I get to Quicken from my Ubuntu machine through VNC. I recently installed KDE 4.2 and am pretty pleased with the whole thing.

Beans

I can't get rid of Windows because many online educational software still requires Internet Explorer to operate.

Beans

When My Ubuntu stop crashing.
    Oh yes MY ubuntu crashes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

when can you get rid of it?
    Right now! i'm free i just formated as ext3 my old windows xp partition and used the free(hehehe) space as container for my vdi file from virtualbox, and let me tell you i only do that because my brothers needs some applications(ms office and some musical software), right now i'm almos 90% free and enjoying!
    Sequel(SQL)? I've been calling it squirrel all this time!

Beans

As much as I dislike Microsoft and Windows (Office is another matter), I do like to tinker, experiment and explore.

It seems as though I am the only person that runs Linux as his/her main operating system that has not tried the beta of Windows 7 yet.

The fact that I would find it significantly more difficult to "get rid of" Linux than Windows means a threshold has been crossed.

The question should be, do you want to get rid of Windows?

Unfortunately the answer is a unanimous "WHAT'S WINDOWS?, I just see this big blue E type thing, what was the question again?"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Cool Re: To those who still have Windows, when can you get rid of it?

• MSOffice, OOO is good but not there yet.
    • Hardware limitations (like webcams) I had a webcam that used to work on 7.10 with skype, and now it doesn't on 8.10
    • CAD and engineering design software (Rhino, CATIA, ProE)

I work with 6 machines: 1 cluster (SUSE) 2 Workstations (Debian64 and Ubuntu 8.10 64 both also running windows/vmware), 1 PC (Windows), 2 laptops: Ubuntu7.10, macOSX+(windows and debian on parallesls)

If I could switch my home machine to Linux I would, but I am not the only one using that box.

I simply cannot get rid of Microsoft. At least not yet.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I stopped using Windows about 3 years ago. Have been using Ubuntu for daily needs.
    I just had a better machine put together and decided to try dual boot with "Windows 7 Ultimate" and Intrepid. All is good and will enjoy playing with Windows 7 for a while, Ubuntu will be my OS of choice for my daily use.
    (Was)Windows Free At Last
    "May You Have A Safe Trip and A Successful Journey"
    Linux user #432153 Ubuntu user #8521

Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135