Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 = proof that computer hardware is overpriced ?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: PS3 = proof that computer hardware is overpriced ?

All I can say is.. that Killzone 2 trailer .. wow
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans

I was impressed by the LoZ: Twilight Princess trailer myself. And I won't even have to buy new gear to play it. I didn't think Nintendo would make Link wolf out.
    My sole duty is to my own happiness and well-being. I recognize no other.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy Eyes
    I was impressed by the LoZ: Twilight Princess trailer myself. And I won't even have to buy new gear to play it. I didn't think Nintendo would make Link wolf out.
    I haven´t seen that one (not a big Nintendo fan over here -- though Revolution has me going nutz). What do you mean by wolf out ?
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NoTiG
    but how much did they lose ? lets say the new PS3 or xbox 2 will be 10% under its actual cost so they will loose slightly. and lets say they sell for $400. so then add $440 would be the actual cost. THen lets say DOUBLE that... so they can have 100% profit and that would only be $880 . Now ... when these things actually come out... Lets say they compare to a $2000 system. So i think what that means is that not only are they profiting off hardware its alot more than 100% !!! they are gouging the market right ?
    Just a minor flaw in your thinking there. Sonys loosing on the machine will be waaay over 10%. Before MS announced that they were going to sell the X360 for about 330 Dollars Sony was planning to release PS3 at a cost of 800 dollar. And even with that price they would loose money on every machine.

I think that the price on nex gen consoles will be quite decent in compared to the advanced technology in them. Especially PS3

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bored2k
    I haven´t seen that one (not a big Nintendo fan over here -- though Revolution has me going nutz). What do you mean by wolf out ?
    As in, turn into a wolf the way David Banner would "hulk out" by turning into the Hulk.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by shador
    Just a minor flaw in your thinking there. Sonys loosing on the machine will be waaay over 10%. Before MS announced that they were going to sell the X360 for about 330 Dollars Sony was planning to release PS3 at a cost of 800 dollar. And even with that price they would loose money on every machine.

I think that the price on nex gen consoles will be quite decent in compared to the advanced technology in them. Especially PS3
    Which would give them ample reason to try to encrypt everything and lock it out so that you can't install linux and use it instead!!

BUt that IS what I am interested in. If its more than 10% then how much is it ?? i would like to know.........

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

if someone hacks the PS3 and puts linux on it, i guaruntee ill buy a second one and use it as my desktop, with specs like that....why bother buying a normal PC, they cant keep up!

-Wild

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by WildTangent
    if someone hacks the PS3 and puts linux on it, i guaruntee ill buy a second one and use it as my desktop, with specs like that....why bother buying a normal PC, they cant keep up!

-Wild
    I don't see why it even needs hacking. The PS3 will include a slot for 2.5 inch HDD. Detachables. If that is the case than U should be able to install Linux on it right?
    What am i missing?

NoTIG: I would estimate that their loosing on their machines under at least the first year will be 60 to 70 %. But of course they will get those money back. Sony (and MS and Nintendo) takes an amount of money from every game that is sold. That's why console games are about 12 Euros more expensive than PC games (at least here in Sweden).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by shador
    NoTIG: I would estimate that their loosing on their machines under at least the first year will be 60 to 70 %. But of course they will get those money back. Sony (and MS and Nintendo) takes an amount of money from every game that is sold. That's why console games are about 12 Euros more expensive than PC games (at least here in Sweden).
    It's the Gillette Method: give away the handles, and make money off of the blades.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy Eyes
    It's the Gillette Method: give away the handles, and make money off of the blades.

LOL Exactly dude I'll remember that description

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast