Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Gamers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Ubuntu Gamers

So, in an attempt to add to our forums....

Who here is an Ubuntu gamer?

I've been gaming on Windows for years, and I'm attempting to get more into gaming in Ubuntu. I've got Wine and World of Warcraft on my laptop, and it plays decently (not nearly as well as in Windows, but I blame that on ATi).

I'm looking into getting more first person shooters loaded into Ubuntu as well (UT2k7, Counterstrike, Doom3, etc.)

Perhaps we could start having an Ubuntu gaming night as a LoCo team event?

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Gamers

I rule in Frozen Bubble but other than that I am not a very big gamer. I have heard (and played with a little) of this game though http://www.cubeengine.com/index.php4. I think that a game night would be pretty cool too.
    Thanks,

etank

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Cube looks a lot like Quake 3 arena. I'll download it and give it a shot on my laptop (looks like the screenshots are getting very nice FPS, e.g. upwards of 70FPS).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I play Gnometris, Ktron, Supertux and tuxkart occasionally, that's about it, I do most of my gaming on the consoles.
    ~Jordan Montgomery

Beans

I forgot that I play Planet Penguin Racer with my kids. They love to see Tux sliding down the slopes on his stomach.
    Thanks,

etank

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo

GL-117 -- pretty neat.
    Before taking down a fence, it may be a good idea to find out why it was put up.
    Registered Linux User #402142

Beans

I am anticipating the beta release of the Quake 4 Weapons Factory mod. I played this mod on Quake 2, and it was the best online game I had every played. Many of the old players who moved on to newer games with better graphics miss the gameplay dearly. You may see why in the description below.

So my advice, if you like FPS (First Person Shooter) games, Weapons Factory for Quake 4 is calling you. The beta release should be out VERY soon.

http://www.wfrevolution.com/

Weapons Factory: Revolution -- Introduction

Weapons Factory: Revolution is a team-based, class-based, flag-based game featuring fast gameplay and a lot of different playing styles. There are seven different classes and over 100 unique weapons, grenades, player abilities, and deployable items that can be used to attack, defend, and harass your enemies. Feel like sneaking around? The assassin can cloak himself and sneak in to the enemy base. Feel like doing some damage? The cyborg can activate his kamikaze self-destruct mode and suicide on the enemy flagroom going out in a blaze of plasma and glory. Feel like laying down some lead? Our gunner has the most fearsome weapon in the game -- a chaingun that puts out thousands of rounds per minute when fired from a stationary position. All this and more can be found in every game of Weapons Factory: Revolution.
    Our first beta versions will focus on zoid-style capture the flag (flags once dropped do not return to their flagstand when touched by a defending player. They have to be defended where they lie for 30 seconds without being touched by an attacking player.) As we move towards our first full release we will add other gametypes like King of the Hill, One Flag CTF, and other flag variants.
    Despite different ways of playing Weapons Factory: Revolution, each game's heart will remain the same - Fast, class-based teamplay focused on specific goals. Please see our FAQ and Player Handbook for more information on each of the seven classes and their strengths and weaknesses.

(\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Beans

I'm addicted to Nexuiz it's a fast paced Halo(ish) fps. On the sim side, DangerDeep is going to be one heck of a game once it's finished!

Beans

I play in a clan in Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory using Ubuntu.
    Ubuntu User #: 0x2695 | Banshee 1.8/2.0 Pidgin Plugin

Intel Q6600 @3.21, 4GB, GTX260, ArchLinux
    Lenovo IdeaPad S10, 1.6GHz Intel Atom, ArchLinux

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

I play MOHAA and Half-Life 2 in Ubuntu. Thank you Cedega.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast