Re: Oblivion under Ubuntu with Wine
Ok the shaderpackage switching thing is a dirty hack but it worked for me too. Just don't randomly start switching shader packages.
Here's the procedure(If I remember correctly):
- Start Oblivion with HDR ENABLED
- Load a random saved game, doesn't matter which one, just get in-game.
- Close Oblivion
- Find and open My Games/RenderInfo.txt (same directory as Oblivion.ini)
- Find the line "Shader Package" and read the number.
- Go to Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion/Data/Shaders/
- Replace the shaderpackageXXX.dsp corresponding to the number - found in renderinfo.txt with shaderpackage001.sdp (BUT MAKE A BACKUP FIRST)
- Start Oblivion and hope it works
Remember, this is a hack and it might mess up the game, but if you backed up properly you can quite easily restore it.
Also disable the water shader as explained in the wiki to gain some performance.
"Historically I've had a “love-hate” relationship with Apple. They love themselves and I hate them."
- Jeremy Allison