Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How stable is Ubuntu 6.10 now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: How stable is Ubuntu 6.10 now?

I'm having no issues from Edgy (it's a Dapper Upgrade, not a fresh install) with the nvidia drivers. I just recently installed Beryl, then upgraded to the latest version of Beryl, and I'm still rock-solid.

I have one single game (called "barrage") that I got from the repositories which crashes the $%#! out of Xwindows sometimes, but that's it.

Beans

I installed 6.10, but the network manager would freeze when trying to enable the wireless connection, so I have installed 6.06 and so far, it's working flawlessly It also recognised my NIC and after activiating it and editing the settings, all works like a charm!

Hopefully this will be the time I can finally remove M$ from my laptop and fully convert to Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Quote Originally Posted by spamzilla View Post
    I have yet to use Edgy!
    Oops, sorry, I read your "I uninstalled Ubuntu" line as "I uninstalled Edgy".
    Dapper worked better on my computer, I'd downgrade to Dapper if I had time to do it. The two problems I have are instability of Firefox 2 and no sound in Flash in Firefox. It could be one problem, actually. I think there's a good chance you won't have them. I think I'd try Edgy first if I was in your situation.
    The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity
    To me, GPL still means Grand Prix Legends...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

i kept my home partiton from dapper and ran into some trouble, because edgy doesnt use /dev/hdaX anymore, it uses UUID's, and i guess the setup did not edit that out and put the UUID so i kept getting "fsck died with error status 8" when i first booted up edgy, but with a command and just editing in the UUID into the /etc/fstab, it worked fine again
    Jabber: markgrandi[at]gmail.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by seijuro View Post
    Edgy has quite a few improvements in eye candy, load speeds etc imo. but unfortunately the driver for my modem hates the kernel most unstable modem I have ever seen in my life. Yanno I seriously doubt Linuxant's excuse that they licensed info from Conexant to make their payola driver if they did it wouldn't be such garbage in stability. Either that or they are completely incompetent and shouldn't be writing device drivers in the first place.
    I too havn't been able to get my Conexant modem running at full 56.6k in Edgy. Even with the help of the HOWTO forum: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...=edgy+conexant by Matchless. If you've had any luck here, it'd be great to know what you did. I am a linux beginner so I don't know a lot, but am slowing learning...

Cheers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123