Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone a fan of Firefly?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Anyone a fan of Firefly?

I just discovered it, and I love it. Made me realize how fickle a beast the mass of TV watchers are, though. How could this have been canceled?? Damn you FOX for your sudden and inevitable betrayal.

Also, this is cool:

http://geeksofdoom.com/2009/11/30/th...an-never-have/

Is there anything out there thats similar in type and quality?
    In a ham and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved but the pig is committed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Anyone a fan of Firefly?

Huge fan here. Firefly and Serenity are among the very few shows/movies I have watched multiple times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary_Bibo View Post
    I tried, and by tried I mean I did a half a**ed google search, and by half a**ed google search I mean I typed "eread pdg"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Yea, its like upon discovery you encounter sadness. "What?? Only 14 episodes??"

Have you seen the graphic novel?

Beans
    Distro

I've heard of it, but haven't read it.
    I tried, and by tried I mean I did a half a**ed google search, and by half a**ed google search I mean I typed "eread pdg"

Beans
    Distro

Hell yes! Best show in the 'verse. I always get a pang of "meh" knowing we'll probably never get anymore.

Pointless Firefly fact: Google Wave has several nods to Firefly - it's (reputedly) named "Wave" after communications in firefly and when it crashes it shows a message titled "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" and sometimes displays an error message with "Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret!". The development of wave extensions is code named 'serenity' and the sandboxed version of wave is called 'dollhouse' (not firefly, but Whedon related)
    OMG! Ubuntu!
    Everything Ubuntu. Daily.

Beans
    Distro

Very cool!

In the Halloween episode of the show 'Castle' the character played by Nathan Fillion got dressed up in full Mal attire. When asked what he was he said 'space cowboy'.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by joey-elijah View Post
    Hell yes! Best show in the 'verse. I always get a pang of "meh" knowing we'll probably never get anymore.

Pointless Firefly fact: Google Wave has several nods to Firefly - it's (reputedly) named "Wave" after communications in firefly and when it crashes it shows a message titled "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" and sometimes displays an error message with "Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret!". The development of wave extensions is code named 'serenity' and the sandboxed version of wave is called 'dollhouse' (not firefly, but Whedon related)

Wow, didn't know all of that. FOX is really terrible about canceling awesome things. Arrested Development, anyone?

Beans
    Distro

A fan.. nah it's not like my ringtone is the shows theme music or that after 1½ years I am still hunting down the drug addled moronic friend of mine who borrowed my DVDs and never returned them..
    On strike during the Oneiric cycle due to ungratefulness of Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Another fan here. It was a really nice show. Unfortunately, Hollywood executives only seems to like scripted series about doctors, nurses, lawyers, cops or at least one corpse per episode.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

http://xkcd.com/577/

firefly is a perfect example of how fox cannot be trusted with anything. Joss Whedon shoudl have realized that he can't do business with them years ago.
    Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast