Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Maine Ubuntu Users

To get a local team setup, there are a number of steps that have to be followed. I need to make contact with Rav and try and figure out what is left to do and then we can get approved.

Nice to see a few more Maine-iacs here.

Brian aka Dayylin
    Ubuntu Maine-iacs LoCo Team -
    | MaineTeam Wiki | Launchpad Entry | irc.freenode.net #ubuntu-maine /SIZE]

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

So Rav is the only admin for the NU team then? He was in here today, but I have not seen a response to my short email to him.
    Last edited by claydoh; April 30th, 2007 at 12:34 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

What is it that Rav has to do to create your Maine Ubuntu Team?

Point your browser over to the LocoTeam Wiki page and go through the steps there. Particularly look at the Start a Loco Team! link.

I attended one of Aaron Topance's (spelled wrong I think, sorry) US Team irc chats and got the Maryland team started about two hours later. As far as I can tell the NU and US Teams are unofficial and exist only as a gathering point for the state locos to chat among ourselves.

There's no need to get a blessing from anyone to start a group, and if you need help give a shout out to others that have/are doing it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckFrain View Post
    What is it that Rav has to do to create your Maine Ubuntu Team?

Point your browser over to the LocoTeam Wiki page and go through the steps there. Particularly look at the Start a Loco Team! link.

I attended one of Aaron Topance's (spelled wrong I think, sorry) US Team irc chats and got the Maryland team started about two hours later. As far as I can tell the NU and US Teams are unofficial and exist only as a gathering point for the state locos to chat among ourselves.

There's no need to get a blessing from anyone to start a group, and if you need help give a shout out to others that have/are doing it.
    Exactely. Thanks Chuck for taking the time to clarify things.

Quote Originally Posted by claydoh View Post
    So Rav is the only admin for the NU team then? He was in here today, but I have not seen a response to my short email to him.
    There are two other admins to the NU Ubuntu Team, macogw, Brunellus.

Brunellus is also a ubuntuforums.org moderator, so you can easily find him here.

macogw, is a moderator here for the NU Ubuntu Team forum, so if you ever need anything specifically for this forum please PM or e-mail macogw.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayylin View Post
    To get a local team setup, there are a number of steps that have to be followed. I need to make contact with Rav and try and figure out what is left to do and then we can get approved.

Nice to see a few more Maine-iacs here.

Brian aka Dayylin
    See Chucks post above for some lovely 411, and also remember that there are 2 other NU Ubuntu Team admins: macogw, Brunellus.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels3572 View Post
    Well from what I can see here myself. It looks like we have to be pre-approved by RavTux who is gone AWOL he is the Overseer for the NU team. Im waiting to join too. If anyone out there knows of another way please let us know.
    There are two other Admins for the NU Ubuntu Team:
    macogw, Brunellus

http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=137631
    http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=9506

please PM, either mac or brunellus and they can add you to the NU Ubuntu Team, as far as starting a Maine LoCo team, please refer to the HowTo sticky in this forum, (There is nothing the NU Ubuntu Team has to do, setting up the state level team is all up to you):

Ubuntu LoCo Team HOWTO (HowTo Create a Ubuntu LoCo Team)
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=333647

(PS: I also never recieved any email, perhaps it was sent to the wrong address? or got shredded in my spam filter? who knows?)
    Last edited by RAV TUX; May 3rd, 2007 at 08:09 AM.

Beans

I just updated the replies to quotes in my last post, please review the 411.

& congratulations to all the Maine-iacs in their new LoCo Team.

Now we need the Vermont-sters!
    Last edited by RAV TUX; May 3rd, 2007 at 08:38 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

(PS: I also never recieved any email, perhaps it was sent to the wrong address? or got shredded in my spam filter? who knows?)
    Well it looks like you are probably right on that. It seems at least one other person has spam filter issues with that email address, so I guess i need to change it or use another one.

Thanks for your replies!

Beans
    Distro

Maine Team launchpad setup at https://launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-maineiacs

Thanks Claydoh for the assist.

Also updated the wiki to reflect the err I guess re-start of the team since I didn't get much done before . https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MaineTeam
    Last edited by Dayylin; May 5th, 2007 at 11:11 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Woo hoo, following a post of mine with another. Yes, I really do talk to myself and only get in a fight with myself part of the time.

Ok, gang, we need some ideas to really get Ubuntu going in Maine. I am currently working on getting a couple of computers put together for some churches and a couple libraries. What other ideas can we get together to get a push into Maine?

Brian aka Dayylin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Well, I'm trying to do my part by gradually switching my friends' computers over to it. So far in the past 5 months I have converted 6 computers with two more soon to follow. I know it's just a drop in the bucket, but you have to start somewhere, right?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Was I seeing things ordid someone post that we have a Maine team. Or was that wishfulll thinking?
    ubuntu user # 13638

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast