Thread: Maine Ubuntu Users

Beans

Re: Maine Ubuntu Users

Im from Ellsworth Maine, but I now live in NC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Sweet, another Mainer! What made you move down that way?

Beans

First let me start out by saying that it wasn't by choice. The basic jist of the story is this. My father was drug trafficer who was also one of the bigger pot farm growers in Maine. Needless to say he ended up in prison. Anyways, before he ended up in prison he used a lot of the money to help produce and manage a local band from Maine who got pretty big in the New England and California area, but they toured everywhere. During the time that they were touring, my parents felt it would be best to move to NC so that we could be close to my mom's family since my father was gone most of the time and she had medical issues. After a couple albums were produced the band broke up and we stayed in NC. My father has long since been sober and became a christian (as well as myself) about 12 years ago.
    Last edited by Lukios; October 8th, 2009 at 03:22 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Welcome Lukios

Sometimes good things come from bad.

I've added a link from my home page http://webmaine.net to the Maine Loco Ubuntu group.

Scroll down, it's near the bottom

Lee
    Last edited by wubiboy; October 8th, 2009 at 03:58 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I live in Lewiston and I would love to be a part of it too!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by dekaband View Post
    I live in Lewiston and I would love to be a part of it too!
    I also live in Lewiston!

Beans
    Distro

Snoober, is there still any linux-ubuntu groups local to us? How do we join them? I am very happy to be involved in anyway, thanx btw for the reply!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Arrow Re: Maine Ubuntu Users

Hello Fellow Mainers.

I am back in Portland after spending 4 years doing online college up in the back woods of Lisbon, by Lewiston. i went to High School way up at Foxcroft Academy - Dover-Foxcroft.

http://www.ubuntumaine.org/ is not working for me and I'm not sure how current any of the Maine Ubuntu Loco support is but I'm working on a fairly big project right now and would love to restart/ take over/ or otherwise support whatever is available.

I recently purchased ubuntoogle.info (website not even started) which was intended to simply be a central place to work on an Ubuntu derivative integrated with Google services but now with ChromeOS out I'm not so sure there will be a demand. The culmination of the past 2 years researching and developing while going through college has put me in a place where I feel like open source is the key to bringing tech jobs and reducing knowledge loss to the state of Maine.

I am currently involved with the East Bayside Neigborhood Organization (eastbayside.ord - EBNO) who recently recieved a large grant toward sustainable community development. Tuesday and Thursday last week I made presentations which found huge support even though the ears didn't fully understand what I was proposing. I am trying to start an Open Source community development center in the most diverse neighborhood in New England. With 72 languages in our local high school alone I think Ubuntu is the key to bringing everyone together on to the same page and opening the door to further community driven open source development.

I am also still trying to covertly convince Google to choose Portland as it's site for fiber optic network. My ultimate intent is to put Maine on the technology map in a community driven way that I think Maine would sincerely appreciate.

If interested in working with either an Ubuntu/Google derivative or the Portland open source development center or if anyone has any information which might be helpful please eMail me at jeff@ubuntoogle.info. I will need help with all aspects of this as I am literally just a lone ranger with lots of contacts and possible access to a chunk of this grant at this point.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Jeff! I was starting to think this was the end of this thread! I think you are doing in the Bayside area is awesome. That is where I am from originally but I am living up in Auburn now. I am not sure what I could do to help but I would be willing to do anything to assist you in anyway I could

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Woot MELUGZ! Hai, I am in Orono ME for now. Tech Maine has hosted some linux get together / session discussions on GIT. The University of Maine has some linux/ Ubuntu users. Recently another LUG and myself attended / staffed Linux-con in Boston, as a community event. i'm always interested in in Community development and support, as well as install-fests, off-line meetings, and other community events!
    ~Conradin~

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast