Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Question Re: Maine Ubuntu Users

Quote Originally Posted by Snoober View Post
    That works for me but I'll keep you updated if something comes up of course. How old is your daughter? Mine will be 3 in November.

Also, where did you want to meet up?

That's so funny, our daughters are almost the same age. Jasmine will be 3 September 10th. My first thought was Borders in SoPo but that's a little extra drive for you. Idk of any good meeting places in Portland. I guess Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks would work but I have a feeling they'd be awfully busy on a Saturday afternoon...any thoughts?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Maine Ubuntu Users

Quote Originally Posted by Jago6060 View Post
    That's so funny, our daughters are almost the same age. Jasmine will be 3 September 10th. My first thought was Borders in SoPo but that's a little extra drive for you. Idk of any good meeting places in Portland. I guess Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks would work but I have a feeling they'd be awfully busy on a Saturday afternoon...any thoughts?
    Awesome. Actually, Borders works for me. Just shoot me a time that works for you. And of course, anybody else reading this is welcome to join us too!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi all! I finally got around to registering on the Ubuntu Forums and thought I'd say hello.

I've been using Ubuntu for about 15 months now and have told anyone who will listen how great it is.

Matt

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by matt74 View Post
    Hi all! I finally got around to registering on the Ubuntu Forums and thought I'd say hello.

I've been using Ubuntu for about 15 months now and have told anyone who will listen how great it is.

Matt
    Welcome! Always nice to see new members join!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by matt74 View Post

Matt
    Welcome, Matt!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hello there. WubiBoy, Lee here.

I just joined last night and I am totally new to Ubuntu.

I've been in the PC business for over 10 years and I am totally lost with some of the terms and processes with Ubuntu.

I am from Gardiner Maine and was looking for a Local Ubuntu Group that I can connect with so I can learn a bit more.

I'm a see and do learner not a read and do. I have a real tough time translating what I see in the posts to what I want to do.

Lee

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by wubiboy View Post

I've been in the PC business for over 10 years and I am totally lost with some of the terms and processes with Ubuntu.

I am from Gardiner Maine and was looking for a Local Ubuntu Group that I can connect with so I can learn a bit more.

I'm a see and do learner not a read and do. I have a real tough time translating what I see in the posts to what I want to do.

Lee
    Welcome aboard, Lee! Ubuntu is actually quite easy to use. It's a bit different from Windows but better in many ways. What is it that you want to do? Myself or others would be happy to help I'm sure.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by wubiboy View Post

Lee

Welcome Lee. I was pretty lost when I started using Ubuntu too. Once you figure out a few things it gets much easier.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Thank you for the welcome

I really got to get a handle on this wireless thing concerning laptops.

I would love to run just Ubuntu on my LapDog but I can't get the thing to work.

Tried about three days of fixes that I've found here there and everywhere but just don't get it.

My brain is fried worse than dead flies on a skiddah.

I was able to get Ubuntu running sweetly on my wife's desktop and I even got Club Penguin to work on it wirelessly for my grandson.

Currently I am running a shiney new Dell in my office with 2 quad processors and 8 Gb of Ram. The machine is definitely a multi-tasker as it monitors my servers and doubles as a host for my accounting software and other related office type junk.

I can boot to, XP-Pro, Windows 7 and Now Ubuntu. Needless to say Ubuntu is the fastest but I still need to keep the ******* stuff around to run certain software packages I can't live without.

My customers all run ******* or Macs and I doubt that I will ever be able to get them over to Linux but you never know. Some of them still use AOL for petes sake.

Well enough here.

I'll be lurking about. Pop me an IM if you are so inclined.

Lee

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Do you know what kind of wireless card you have in your laptop?

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast