Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Ubuntu Users

Beans

Re: Maine Ubuntu Users

Quote Originally Posted by Dayylin View Post
    Greetings Maine-iacs,

Look at the faces. Seems there are more of us than most thought. I am currently working on getting us a new website. Once we have that, we will start working on getting a couple of meetings setup.

I see a couple of names from the towns that I work out of. Cool. Even got us another in the Winthrop area.

So what does everyone have for experience in linux?

Brian aka Dayylin
    Hi Brian
    If you set up some meetings please notify me and I will try and make it. I am out of Waterville and I have only been using Ubuntu on a Dell laptop for 6 months. I am slowly changing from Macs. A new desktop is in my immediate future and I would like to build the machine myself.Please keep me updated and I would be willing to help any way I can with what limited knowledge I have of Ubuntu.
    In peace
    Roger

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

hi all,

From what I can tell we have a pretty wide area of people. I live in the Augusta area for now (soon to possibly be in the Kennebunkport/Portland area). What are some good days? I currently have Sundays and Mondays off.

I am thinking that we could try to setup a meeting in like Augusta and Portland to start if that works. If you have alternatives, please let me know.

Brian aka Dayylin
    Ubuntu Maine-iacs LoCo Team -
    | MaineTeam Wiki | Launchpad Entry | irc.freenode.net #ubuntu-maine /SIZE]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hello from Hope,

Want to check in to the group as a beginner. Like so many I really love Maine. Returned 20 years ago and have no plans to leave the state again.

Been experimenting with 8.10 on a laptop that just died forever and am contemplating Getting a Dell inspiron netbook that comes with 8.04 and has a solid state drive. There is no broadband where I live in Hope, so it must be able to run a modem. (I used the laptop on broadband at the Camden library.)

May this organization turn into a strong one.

Bob
    Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Hi Bob and welcome,

We are a spread out group as you can probably guess being from Maine but slowly getting some ideas together.

B
    Ubuntu Maine-iacs LoCo Team -
    | MaineTeam Wiki | Launchpad Entry | irc.freenode.net #ubuntu-maine /SIZE]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hey guys... New Ubuntu user who lives in Maine... up near Bar Harbor.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Appleby View Post
    Hello from Hope,

Want to check in to the group as a beginner.
    <snip>
    There is no broadband where I live in Hope, so it must be able to run a modem. (I used the laptop on broadband at the Camden library.)
    <snip>

Hello Bob Appleby,

Last time I tried using a dial up modem with any Linux distro I discovered that there can be numerous hurdles to overcome and some which may be insurmountable. I managed to get one internal modem to dial out but eventually gave up and just purchased an external modem. The TrendNet external modem was very easy to get working.

If you purchased a new computer with Ubuntu preinstalled it should not be a problem. But otherwise you should research which modems are supported under Linux and choose carefully!

Good Luck!
    Miseris Succurrere Disco Registered Ubuntu User #11205 Registered Linux User #440357

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyD View Post
    Hey guys... New Ubuntu user who lives in Maine... up near Bar Harbor.
    Hey CheesyD,

Welcome to Ubuntu! I have been using Ubuntu for several years now. I also run several other Linux distros and try to test them all out! I'm just a stones throw away, across the bay from Bar Harbor.

This is a great forum and you will find lots of help and information if you run into any problems.
    Miseris Succurrere Disco Registered Ubuntu User #11205 Registered Linux User #440357

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by VraiChevalier View Post
    Hey CheesyD,

Welcome to Ubuntu! I have been using Ubuntu for several years now. I also run several other Linux distros and try to test them all out! I'm just a stones throw away, across the bay from Bar Harbor.

This is a great forum and you will find lots of help and information if you run into any problems.
    Thanks for the welcome!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I say Hello here too,
    some minutes ago i posted my Hello at the Loco Maine Website .

I will move from Germany to Portland, Maine this year and i want to find some contact with people to talk about Linux especially Ubuntu.
    I spend some Time at the University studying electrical engineering and computer science.

I use Ubuntu at my Notebook, it works perfect with the Hardware (except the Webcam) and is much faster than Vista at the same Hardware.

Enough for now, i hope for some good chat's.

Till Later
    Elessar_81

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi everyone,

Looks like there is some action on the Ubuntu front up here in Maine.

Last time I checked in there hadn't been any new posts for a while.

I have had various versions of Ubuntu running on my machines for over a year now and I can't say enough good things about it.

I am in the Portland area if anyone is trying to get a meet up going.

I will be checking back more often.

Cheers,
    roninchef

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast