Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Ubuntu Users

Beans

Re: Maine Ubuntu Users

Quote Originally Posted by HippyRandall View Post
    is this group active anymore or has it gone the way of MELUG?
    We really haven't got this off the ground yet. The guys did a great job setting up the infrastructure, but there's only a few of us, and we've all been really busy with our personal lives. I think we're all still interested, though.

I suspect there will be a time when a lot more Ubuntu fans will come out of the woodwork. The new install tools in Hardy might help that a lot.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I can attest to the willingness, but lack of time myself. I would dearly love to have a few more hours each week to spend on these things

But I did recently get a ShipIt delivery, and have actually gotten a couple to give ubuntu a spin

Beans

Well, this winter's been really hard for everyone I know, and I imagine it's been that way the rest of the group. If we tried really hard to have a get-together, it would probably be a one-time thing that we couldn't keep up. Doing something like staffing an Ubuntu booth at a computer show would probably be a lot more work than we could take on, as well.

So maybe we could look at a lighter project we could do together over the wire that's Maine oriented. One idea could be a localized package or web site with links to Maine radio station audio feeds. I think it would be very cool to "apt-get install maine-radio" and have stations and podcasts show up in rhythmbox.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Hi, back home in Maine here, and glad to see a gathering of Maine-iacs! I live in Bath.

Beans

I can contest to the tough winter, but spring is here!

Beans

Born and raised Sabattus Maine, now going to University of Maine for Computer Engineering.

Beans

Welcome, Nate! Got any other Ubuntu nuts in your class?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Another Maine ubuntu user checking in. Ubuntu 8.04 on my file server and laptop. I move between the Bangor and southern Maine due to school.

Beans

Well I can say that I have been using ubuntu since about 6.10 release. Name is matthew and live in westbrook/ south portland. I can say that its nice to see other Ubuntu users other than me. in this state.

Beans

Hi all,
    I live in Auburn and I'd love to get involved with any projects going on in the area. Please let me know if anyone has something going on that they could use some help with.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast