Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Announcing Ubuntu Women

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Announcing Ubuntu Women

You are welcome anywhere on the Forums, of course! You aren't relegated here!

Wecome!
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Hello,

I like the idea of the Ubuntu Women area.
    Last edited by bitsnpcs; February 22nd, 2019 at 09:55 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I am back after a 4-year break. I asked Dell for a pc preloaded with Ubuntu, because I couldn't load it myself, so they sent me one. I'm an old woman, and I like Ubuntu because it is quiet and doesn't have all the annoying advertising & stuff that I got with Windows. I don 't know much about Linux, and sometimes I feel a fraud because I'm using an os created by clever people. My ambition is to have a quiet reliable system that doesn't annoy me. Thank you Ubuntu developers.
    I no longer have web pages, sorry to those who used to follow them. I have said everything I wanted to publish on the web: at 75 I have nearly done it all, very little left to do.

Beans

Welcome back sanderella

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sanderella View Post
    I am back after a 4-year break. I asked Dell for a pc preloaded with Ubuntu, because I couldn't load it myself, so they sent me one. I'm an old woman, and I like Ubuntu because it is quiet and doesn't have all the annoying advertising & stuff that I got with Windows. I don 't know much about Linux, and sometimes I feel a fraud because I'm using an os created by clever people. My ambition is to have a quiet reliable system that doesn't annoy me. Thank you Ubuntu developers.
    I no longer have web pages, sorry to those who used to follow them. I have said everything I wanted to publish on the web: at 75 I have nearly done it all, very little left to do.
    Just wondering? Which laptop from Dell did you get from them? I know thwe XPS 13 is advertised a lot because apparently Linus Torvalds used it after his macbook air, but then again he doesn't really use Ubuntu. I think his preference is for Fedora.

I think some other Dell's like the servers are shipping with some Ubuntu Servers.
    Welcome.

Beans

Red face Re: Announcing Ubuntu Women

Hullo! New to the forum and the Ubuntu Community beyond Telegram, and it's nice to have a space for women using/advocating for Ubuntu and trying to inspire and encourage others to do likewise!

Beans

It's safe to say that I'm a woman and I'm very comfortable using the forums so far

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627