Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Auto transcode MYTHTV recorded shows to DVD, XVID or DIVX cutting out the co

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Auto transcode MYTHTV recorded shows to DVD, XVID or DIVX cutting out the

Thanks for the info.

I have changed my permission for the save dir and can see the tasks are sceduled via backend status.

My problem appears to be caused by not allowing the jobs to run in mythtv-setup->general. I had entered my scripts in the jobs section but did not give permission for these jobs to run in the previous screen.

Thats been sorted and will give it a go when later tonight.

thanks again
    d

Update:
    script is still not working although in the backend status the queued job is showing as completed whereas previously it just said queued.
    Still dont think the script is being called.

Update 2:
    Got it working. Last error was a fail on opening mysql.txt due to imcorrect permissions. The log helped me find that one.
    Thanks for your help and the excellent howto.
    Last edited by deoncarr; April 16th, 2007 at 11:22 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOWTO: Auto transcode MYTHTV recorded shows to DVD, XVID or DIVX cutting out the

Quote Originally Posted by GrammatonCleric View Post
    Started having quality issues with the ffmpeg encoder. So I switched to using mencoder for xvid transcodes. Mencoder is slower than ffmpeg but the quality is much better.

In the nuvexportrc file I've remarked out the following lines:

Code:
    # export_prog=ffmpeg    (call the encoder from MythTV userjobs)
    # mode=xvid    (request mode from MythTV userjobs)
    I've also changed my userjobs to look like:

UserJob1 - Convert to DVD
    Code:
    nuvexport-dvd --ffmpeg --nice 19 --input="%FILE%"

UserJob2 - Convert to XVID

Code:
    nuvexport-xvid --mencoder --nice 8 --input="%FILE%"

UserJob3 - Convert to DIVX

Code:
    nuvexport-divx --ffmpeg --nice 10 --input="%FILE%"
    GrammatonCleric,
    thanks for the nice howto. I own an Ipod and wanted to directly encode it to MP4. Do you know what is the command that I need to enter in the user job field? I have been able to manually encode it to MP4 but was curious to know if I could add it as a user job.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by xboxer21 View Post
    GrammatonCleric,
    thanks for the nice howto. I own an Ipod and wanted to directly encode it to MP4. Do you know what is the command that I need to enter in the user job field? I have been able to manually encode it to MP4 but was curious to know if I could add it as a user job.

Thanks
    Found the answer in the myth2ipod script.
    in the User Job 1 I entered the following
    nuvexport --mode=iPod --nice=19 --cutlist --nodenoise --nodeinterlace --nomultipass --input="%FILE%"

Thanks
    Last edited by xboxer21; April 26th, 2007 at 05:16 AM.

Beans

Can someone help me with this? I am having the same problem as one of the posters above. Here is a link to my thread explaining what is happening in detail:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=467747
    I followed the guide exactly and have not been able to find any solutions elsewhere.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Just to verify. You have selected each show to run the post record processing by selecting this option on a "per show" basis? Within MythWeb select a show that you want to convert make sure that your the option to convert has been selected (see image).

-GC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mythtv1.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	34788  
    "Nice jail. Looks strong."
    - H. Houdini

Beans

yes I have done that.

Beans

Here is a screenshot of the settings I have selected for an upcoming recording.

Name:	Screenshot.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	220.3 KB 
ID:	34814  

Beans

ok I think I have made some progress. From the table settings, I changed from global to my local machine and enabled the user jobs to run (changed 0 to a 1). Now it starts the transcoding. HOwever, I now have a proble where the transcoding started before the commercial flagging on my latest recording. I have attached the log screenshot below.

Name:	Screenshot.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	34820  

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

First, I would disable the function to run User Job one on all recordings for now. the setting you have enabled in the screen capture...

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.p...5&d=1181282735

Set this on a per show basis not globally for all shows. Doing this will allow you to set different quality settings for different shows (i.e. I have StarGate set to best where as I have Ghost Hunters set to Medium.).

Next, what is the value you have set for the "Max Simultaneous Jobs on this Backend" ? I have mine set to 4 but you may want to set this to something that your processor can handle.

Do you have your setting for "Start Auto Commercial Flagging Jobs when Recording Starts" enabled? This starts the commercial flagging while the show is recording vs. doing this as a post recording process.

-GC
    "Nice jail. Looks strong."
    - H. Houdini

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Hi I followed this guide but I can't make it work on mythtv side, if I use the command into a terminal window it works.

- I've checked the path, it's ok
    - I've checked permissions, everybody can read/write on the directory

The log shows the following:

Code:
    2007-06-09 21:49:33.172 JobQueue: Started "Exporta a XviD" for "30 minuts - L'ETANOL, EL COMBUSTIBLE QUE ES PLANTA" recorded from channel 1801 at dg abr 22 21:40:00 2007
    2007-06-09 21:49:33.185 jobqueue: Job "Exporta a XviD" Started: Started "Exporta a XviD" for "30 minuts - L'ETANOL, EL COMBUSTIBLE QUE ES PLANTA" recorded from channel 1801 at dg abr 22 21:40:00 2007
    OSPEED was not set, defaulting to 9600 at /usr/local/share/nuvexport/nuv_export/shared_utils.pm line 61
    Can't find a valid termcap file at /usr/local/share/nuvexport/nuv_export/shared_utils.pm line 61
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/nuvexport-xvid line 36.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/nuvexport-xvid line 36.

Cleaning up temp files.
    2007-06-09 21:49:33.384 JobQueue: Finished "Exporta a XviD" for "30 minuts - L'ETANOL, EL COMBUSTIBLE QUE ES PLANTA" recorded from channel 1801 at dg abr 22 21:40:00 2007.
    any idea?

thks

joan

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast