View Poll Results: What's your experience with Paypal?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • I been using paypal for more than one years and I am satisfied

53 65.43%
  • I been using Paypal for more than one year and I am not satisfied. (Explain why)

10 12.35%
  • I use other on-line money transaction service (Which one and why?)

0 0%
  • I don't use any online money transaction service

18 22.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your experience with Paypal service?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Question What's your experience with Paypal service?

Hello all Ubunteros and the whole Linux community!
    I would like to make a poll about your overall experience with Paypal.
    I am interested in the opinions of all of you GNU/Linux, FOSS and Open Source users since there may be a chance that your opinions differ positively from others. (Many Linux users are more computer knowledgeable than others)

The thing is that I want to decide whatever or not becoming a Paypal user is a good idea.
    There are some projects that I will like to contribute to, but they only accept Paypal.

So basically I will analyze the poll's result and decide if it is convenient.
    Your answer and the poll may able to help people who are wondering about the same thing.

If your answer is negative (I don't use Paypal because I don't like it), please state why. it will be more helpful if you tell us your story
    Also, if your answer is positive, I will also like to to know why..

Thank you ALL!!
    Last edited by ubuntu27; January 20th, 2007 at 02:08 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: What's your experieince with Paypal service?

So far my experience with Paypal has been only positive. I use it to contribute to a lot of FOSS projects, and I have had no problem whatsoever, been using for one and a half years now.
    "When you think you have all the answers, Life changes the questions..."
    Registered Linux User # 419353

Beans

There aren't really any issues with just becoming a member, but they take a big chunk of funds, don't have the comeback that they claim and have a habit of freezing peoples accounts for no reason. It tends to be the lesser of a few evils though.

Beans

Paypal is okay if your buying and paying in small amounts,from personal experience paypal sellers account is risky as if you have proof of delivery and the buyer claims to have not received it then paypal don't want to know and will chargeback money leaving you with no money and no goods=small claims court.

Secondly paypal accounts get hacked regularly and I would recommend only using credit card as funding-mine was hacked after it was supposedly closed and my credit card charged.If the credit card company hadn't solved it then paypal wanted nothing to do with it

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Just 13 voters and 3 replies. I wish more people could participate.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by reyfer View Post
    So far my experience with Paypal has been only positive. I use it to contribute to a lot of FOSS projects, and I have had no problem whatsoever, been using for one and a half years now.
    +1

I prefer to pay by Paypal for all online purchases.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I've been using paypal for since the beginning of Paypal and nothing but positive.
    "Help stop software piracy...use Linux. and FOSS!"
    What's better than whining on the forums? Making a difference!

I've used it since about 2000, and I only accept ebay payments through Paypal now.

I remember what it was like to sell things without Paypal, and it was a huge hassle. It sometimes took weeks for checks to clear, and buying an item was sometimes a month turnaround.

In general, I find they charge around 4 percent of the item's value, which is comparable to ebay's fee. I don't like that they charge for the money transfer on the shipping payment, but I'll stomach that if it saves me from nonpaying bidders.
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

My wife and I don't use Paypal very often, but we signed up very shortly after it came out, and we've had no problems with it. We've used it maybe 5 or 6 times total.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: What's your experience with Paypal service?

Evil.

Basically they turned all of the security over to the computer program, if the program doesn't understand what happened it freezes the account. When you try to unfreeze it you can't because it's very hard to contact a human. The computer program is great for keeping hackers out [unless you have a very weak password and an unsecured access point. Like at work where IT security monitors your movements.

I was going to sell stuff on ebay, but all the trouble I've had I don't want any more then 5 bucks in the account.

They closed my account on me, or rather it's still open but I can't get to it, And I can't get them to let me access it because I don't have the bank account that was tied to it. So I just mad another for buying thing on ebay, but no membership.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast