Thread: HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver

Beans

Re: HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver

Quote Originally Posted by bishwa View Post
    Tricky one eh!

bishwa@server ~ $ sudo ln -s /lib/libpng12.so.0 /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0
    ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/lib/libpng12.so.0': File exists

bishwa@server ~ $ ls /usr/lib/libpng* -ld
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 2010-12-07 16:42 /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 -> /lib/libpng12.so.0
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 2010-12-06 14:13 /usr/lib/libpng.so.3-old -> /lib/libpng12.so.0

Still won't launch.
    Odder still. Apparently the error messages don't mean anything... Try this
    Code:
    sudo mv /usr/lib/libpng.so.3-old /lusr/lib/libpng.so.3
    ls /usr/lib/libpng* -l
    and the Configurator again.

Beans

Ok,

bishwa@server ~ $ sudo mv /usr/lib/libpng.so.3-old /lusr/lib/libpng.so.3
    mv: cannot move `/usr/lib/libpng.so.3-old' to `/lusr/lib/libpng.so.3': No such file or directory
    bishwa@server ~ $ ls /usr/lib/libpng* -l
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 2010-12-07 16:42 /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 -> /lib/libpng12.so.0
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 2010-12-06 14:13 /usr/lib/libpng.so.3-old -> /lib/libpng12.so.0

no launch!

Beans

p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } Sorry, I have an urgent problem during the installation. At the step 3, most likely. Printers found – and there is my printer – next. And than the page
    Driver for your printer
    Choose a driver that will convert output data to printer specific format
    And an empty field after it.

The thing is what I am installing but the driver for the printer?
    If I cancel the installation, than I have to remove it as it is written at the instruction? What should I do and how to settle the problem?

I have CLX-2160 and Ubuntu 10.10 for 32bit.

Thank you in advance

Beans

Ok,

bishwa@server ~ $ sudo mv /usr/lib/libpng.so.3-old /lusr/lib/libpng.so.3
    mv: cannot move `/usr/lib/libpng.so.3-old' to `/lusr/lib/libpng.so.3': No such file or directory
    bishwa@server ~ $ ls /usr/lib/libpng* -l

no launch!
    Try reinstalling the libpng3 package.

If it still doesn't work, I may have to give up. I know the problem is that you are missing a key link (shortcut) from the name that the driver is looking for to the actual library file, but I've never had any system refuse to work with the links in quite this way, to the point of denying they exist yet obviously displaying them.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by freerussianet View Post
    If I cancel the installation, than I have to remove it as it is written at the instruction? What should I do and how to settle the problem?
    You should be fine to cancel and then run the standard stystem tool or Configurator to install your printer later. If it gets to the point of asking you to choose your printer, the driver is installed and should work. Sometimes the installer interface is unreliable, although I'm not familiar with the particular problem you are describing.

Beans

Unhappy Re: HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver

p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } Unfortunately, no. It does not work. It asks me for some driver. And in the Unified Driver Configuration's window there is no any printer. By the way the scanner is their — in the next tab. May be there is some problem with CUPS?

And I have the same problem in Add Printer menu...

Sorry, I'm absolutely new to Linux system...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by freerussianet View Post
    p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } Unfortunately, no. It does not work. It asks me for some driver. And in the Unified Driver Configuration's window there is no any printer. By the way the scanner is their — in the next tab. May be there is some problem with CUPS?

And I have the same problem in Add Printer menu...

Sorry, I'm absolutely new to Linux system...
    I'd suggest cleaning out the failed installation and using my repository to more cleanly interface with the rest of your system. You can also try re-installing CUPS, but that's not usually the issue, and can actually cause problems when you have a partial install of the Samsung driver from their installer.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tweedledee View Post
    Try reinstalling the libpng3 package.

If it still doesn't work, I may have to give up. I know the problem is that you are missing a key link (shortcut) from the name that the driver is looking for to the actual library file, but I've never had any system refuse to work with the links in quite this way, to the point of denying they exist yet obviously displaying them.
    Ok, I uninstalled libpng 3 and it took the folowing with it:
    samsungmfp-configurator-data
    samsungmfp-configurator-qt3
    samsungmfp-lpr
    I then reinstalled libpn3 and the samsungmfp packages. That fixed the link to the configurator, it now launches. Thanks for all your help with this

My next step is to try and get the scanner going, in the configurator it's telling me that no scanners are identified. You mentioned that there's a lot of chat about this issue in previous posts, so I'll trawl through an see what I can glean, any recommended starting point (page)?

Beans

My printing is still working fine. But interestingly, if I try to print a test page from the Samsung Configurator, it returns: checking driver...Ok. Printing test page... Failed.

But then I can print a test page ok from 'system-config-printer 1.2.0' with no problem?

Beans

My printing is still working fine. But interestingly, if I try to print a test page from the Samsung Configurator, it returns: checking driver...Ok. Printing test page... Failed.

But then I can print a test page ok from 'system-config-printer 1.2.0' with no problem?
    I think this is related to the scanner issue, but not in itself a problem. See the first note (the big "Please note" near the very top) of the first post. I recently updated it to refer specifically to posts that provide possible solutions. Pretty much everything I could help you with is contained either in the note or in the posts referred to (which are generally not mine).

Page 57 of 104 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast