Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What part of Kentucky are you based in?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: What part of Kentucky are you based in?

Hey guys. I'm from Lewisport, KY (Hancock County, near Owensboro). I started using Ubuntu last semester after my Windows crashed. Since I didn't have the recovery CD, a Linux guru in my dorm at UK suggested Ubuntu, and so far, it's been a pretty reasonable replacement. I've since transferred to Middle Tennessee State, but there is a LUG group here. Anyways, nice to see others from Kentucky using Ubuntu as well.
    Linux user #438163 | Ubuntu user #10703

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Lexington here too, right off of Tates Creek.
    AMD 3700+ | Nvidia 7800GS AGP | 2 Gb (4x512) OCZ Platinum Rev.2 | MSI K8N-E Deluxe | OCZ 520w Modstream PSU | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Case

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Another from Louisville here. Just started using Linux a few days ago, but looking forward to getting involved in the group.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by _nax View Post
    Another from Louisville here. Just started using Linux a few days ago, but looking forward to getting involved in the group.
    Welcome aboard!
    [ Ubuntu user # 11667 . Linux user # 382989 . ]

Beans

If anyone has any questions at all on how to join the team feel free to ask. We will be glad to help.
    Thanks,

etank

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bkingx View Post
    I'm one of the Lexingtonians mentioned above. I admit I am new to the whole Linux scene, which has provided a unique experience for etank since I bug him 3-4 times a day with Linux questions!

Never-the-less, I can see some great potential for Ubuntu and Linux as a whole and can't wait to learn more and see where it all goes!
    me too! Looking forward to helping out around here!

Oh btw 34yrs old, live off of nicholasville rd in southpoint subdivision. Big time BF2142 player and soon to be TF2 player. My brother and I rent a bunch of servers out of DC and host a site called egokillers.com. It's currently being revamped for the big release of TF2!
    Last edited by coloneladdams; February 12th, 2007 at 12:51 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Welcome, welcome! I never noticed how many Ubuntu users were so close until now, this is really awesome.
    ~Jordan Montgomery

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Never noticed there were so many Ubuntu users in Kentucky. Anyway, I'm a Ubuntu user from the Louisville Area. I got into Ubuntu in August 2006, gave up on getting my Wireless card to work on Ubuntu for a couple months, then finally got a re-gained interest in it since August when I got my eMachines. Just Today I finally got my New Wireless Card, and got it hooked up and working in Linux Ubuntu.

Btw, this is my first post ever on the Ubuntu Forums using Linux Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hey guys,

I live in a little place called Manchester in south eastern KY. I'm fairly new to Linux and to Ubuntu. I initially went for the Suse distro, but got frustrated and reinstalled windows after I couldn't get Wine set up to play a few games and to use Krystal Audio (was not introduced to Audacity at the time). I really liked the extensive flexibility Linux offered though. I decided to try out Ubuntu after I recently got a virus and almost lost a few gigs of data in Win 2K. =P While using windows, I mainly used open source apps anyway (Firefox, Gimp, Gaim, Nvu, Audacity, FileZilla, etc.), so Linux was the next logical progression I suppose. Win 2K is way out of date, and I don't want to waste $200 on getting a copy of Win XP when 2K is just as good, and have no intrest in Vista period! I hate how Microsoft is increasingly choking user rights with DRM and "genuine windows advantage" and such rubbish; not to mention being so non-supportive of web standards. *Kicks them in the teeth* Anyway, I plan on getting a laptop soon and Ubuntu will be my choice of OS. I'll give details on the experience. =)

Are there any programmers here? I'm interested in learning a few languages.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Awesome. I am using Windows XP on my newer PC, and Ubuntu on my old Dell. Why? Cause I wanna make sure things go well in Ubuntu before throwing out XP. Plus, I may wait till that Emulator thing in Feisty Fawn comes out. (Cause I'm a big shockwave user, and by the looks of it, Adobe isn't making Shockwave for Linux soon)

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast