Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What part of Kentucky are you based in?

Beans

Re: What part of Kentucky are you based in?

Sounds good.
    Thanks,

etank

Beans

Joined 1/22/07. I'm from Lexington.

I've been using Ubuntu since the demise Warty Warthog, and I've almost loved it ever since. With the growing privacy invasions from, and my general distrust/hatred of Microshaft, I was looking for a good replacement OS so I would not be forced to eventually upgrade to Vista. My general experience with Ubuntu has been overwhelmingly positive.

It's nice to see the Ubuntu community growing like it has been! I bought the Official Ubuntu book and have been reviewing it for several weeks.

I'm curious to learn what these local groups are about, aside from the general promotion of Ubuntu.

(\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JarG0n View Post
    I'm curious to learn what these local groups are about, aside from the general promotion of Ubuntu.
    Well, for the official info check out https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeams. My view of a LoCo team is this. We are here to promote Linux (Ubuntu) and educate the community around of us of alternatives to closed source software. In addition to that we get together online and in person to discuss what we are learning and teach each other.

We plan to do activities like install fests and also attend conferences that are in the relative area.
    Thanks,

etank

Beans

Yeah, I ran across that link right after I posted that. This always happens to me! Thanks.

I'm curious how many CDs can be ordered for free for local distribution events? Who pays for these CDs? I will soon be delivering flyers door to door for a book promotion/sale (and several other products) and I'd be more than willing to drop in some Ubuntu propaganda along with this teams' info (for free local support!). It may be another month or two when it gets warmer, though.

(\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JarG0n View Post
    I'm curious how many CDs can be ordered for free for local distribution events? Who pays for these CDs?
    If and when we become an approved team then we get the benefit of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingCds.
    Thanks,

etank

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'm based in Harrodsburg KY, 45 mins from Lexington, about 30 mins from Frankfort.
    ~Jordan Montgomery

Beans

Welcome to the team.
    Thanks,

etank

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by montgoej View Post
    I'm based in Harrodsburg KY, 45 mins from Lexington, about 30 mins from Frankfort.
    ~Jordan Montgomery
    Hey Montgoej!! Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'm from Frankfort, Ky, and I've been using Ubuntu on-and-off since version 4. Getting ready to install 6.10 on my laptop (when I can break my WoW addiction for more than 20 minutes, that is...)

Beans

berea here [about 45 minutes south of lexington]. running kubuntu on my main desktop, and regular ubuntu on my laptop.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast