Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to read tamil newspapers and magazines

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

How to read tamil newspapers and magazines

Hallo, I would like to know how to read tamil online newspapers and magazines in ubuntu?
    Please give me clear idea to using fonts to read tamil websites, because i have no skills to use commands in terminal. I would like to use ubuntu in tamil but I want to know why tamil letters are looking strange in ubuntu?

Thanks in advance.

With love
    jai

Beans

Re: How to read tamil newspapers and magazines

problem is that these people are not using unicode.
    each site seems to have the font of their own choice.
    that is the crux of the problem.
    install the fonts they want you to and i think you might be able to read them.
    else -if you are using firefox that is default with ubuntu- use an addon called padma.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/873/

let me know how it went.
    tv
    read the howto pages before posting a question.also look at https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+bugs to see it is not a bug before getting frustrated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

தின மலர், தின கரன் போன்ற பத்திரிக்கைகளின் பிரதிகள் படங்களின் வாயிலாகவும் வெளிடயிடப் படுகின்றன.

epaper.dinamalar.com

பார்க்கவும். இங்ஙனம் வெளியிடும் போது எழுத்துரு பிரச்சனைகள் அதிகம் இருப்பதில்லை.

ஆனால் யுனிகோட் முறையினை அனைவரும் பயன்படுத்த முனைந்தால் நல்லது. விரைவில் "நிரல் விடு தூது" எனும் உபுண்டு தமிழ் குழும பத்திரிக்கையினை எதிர்பாருங்கள்...

ஆமாச்சு

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi I tried 'padma' add-on from firefox. now vikatan become readable but points above the letters are not in correct position. For the same reason I didnt install ubuntu in tamil. I my laptop I try to install ubuntu in tamil, tamil letters are not in proper pattern, even tamil letters in our Tamil Lo Co Team also not in proper pattern. One have to take stress to read them.

I wish we have to creat unicode soon or some other good solution. But I have no programming skill to do so. We can form group to solve these problems

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jeyaganesh View Post
    Hi I tried 'padma' add-on from firefox. now vikatan become readable but points above the letters are not in correct position. For the same reason I didnt install ubuntu in tamil. I my laptop I try to install ubuntu in tamil, tamil letters are not in proper pattern, even tamil letters in our Tamil Lo Co Team also not in proper pattern. One have to take stress to read them.

I wish we have to creat unicode soon or some other good solution. But I have no programming skill to do so. We can form group to solve these problems
    actually it is simple to fix this problem.
    what version of ubuntu ?
    the answer is in the tamil ubuntu mail forum

tv
    tv
    read the howto pages before posting a question.also look at https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+bugs to see it is not a bug before getting frustrated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

தங்கள் சிந்தனையை வரவேற்கிறோம். நமது இணைய தளம் யுனிகோடினை தழுவியதே!

தங்கள் உலாவியின் (Browser) Encoding வகை UTF-8 தானா என சரி பார்க்கவும். View --> Character Encoding --> UTF-8

இல்லையெனில் மாற்றி முயற்சி செய்யுங்கள் .

ஆமாச்சு

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks for your advice. I am using Ubuntu 6.10. I am very curious to use my computer in full tamil language.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

மிக்க மகிழ்ச்சி. தாங்கள் எங்குள்ளீர்கள்? தங்களால் தமிழாக்கதிற்கு நேரடியாக பங்களிக்க முடியுமா?

Kde தமிழாக்கத்திற்கு தன்னார்வ தொண்டர்கள் தேவை.
    ஆமாச்சு

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hallo, I am studying in Germany. I am Madurai-boy now doing my Ph D in Germany. I first thank you for inviting me to contribute for tamil.
    Tell me what can I contribute for tamil ubuntu. I have no programming skills. But I am willing to do something for tamil. I hope you will guide me further .

-Jay

Beans

Hallo, I am studying in Germany. I am Madurai-boy now doing my Ph D in Germany. I first thank you for inviting me to contribute for tamil.
    Tell me what can I contribute for tamil ubuntu. I have no programming skills. But I am willing to do something for tamil. I hope you will guide me further .

-Jay
    if you are comfortable in talking and writing in tamil you can contribute by some translation work so that a user knowing only tamil can install, run, and write in tamil using ubuntu.
    would you like to? we can guide you through the steps needed to do that.
    tv
    tv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast