Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Howto: Get Continuum (a.k.a. Subspace) to work with Ubuntu.

Beans

Re: Howto: Get Continuum (a.k.a. Subspace) to work with Ubuntu.

This is possibly a related to Beryl. Since Beryl has an effect on all display properties it is possible that it has something to do with it. Disable Beryl fist and try once more.
    Last edited by Gen2ly; May 20th, 2007 at 07:41 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

nevermind
    Last edited by forgreatsource; June 22nd, 2007 at 08:42 AM. Reason: solved own problem

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by forgreatsource View Post
    i get an error when ever i try to join a server the error is:

invalid password for the specified user. the name you entered may already be in use by another player ....

i get this no matter which user name i pic.
    thanks
    Yeah, alot of people use this game and use many different users - you'll probably have create a pretty unique username. Also some servers may not let you create a new username. Trench usually will.

Beans

Hey, I'm happy to see such a comprehensive newbie friendly tutorial compiled out of the somewhat vague minegoboom page. Thanks, but I've encountered an error. The following is what I get when I do the patching command "winecfg"
    Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
    Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.
    Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/home/jathavan', starting in the Windows directory.
    Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.
    Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/', starting in the Windows directory.

When I try to make the drive via winecfg I get this error popping up in the terminal "err:winecfg:apply_drive_changes unable to define devicename of 'C:', targetpath of '../drive_c'".
    I would also like to point out that I run Ubuntu Feisty Fawn. I've tried to make this as clear as possible, any assistance in the matter would be nice.
    Last edited by Krusnix; July 5th, 2007 at 03:23 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Krusnix View Post
    Hey, I'm happy to see such a comprehensive newbie friendly tutorial compiled out of the somewhat vague minegoboom page. Thanks, but I've encountered an error. The following is what I get when I do the patching command "winecfg"
    Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/home/jathavan', starting in the Windows directory.
    Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/', starting in the Windows directory.

When I try to make the drive via winecfg I get this error popping up in the terminal "err:winecfg:apply_drive_changes unable to define devicename of 'C:', targetpath of '../drive_c'".
    I would also like to point out that I run Ubuntu Feisty Fawn. I've tried to make this as clear as possible, any assistance in the matter would be nice.
    Hey! Looks like you got the bulk of it done - the patching and compiling. 'winecfg' is a program to setup wine. Are you using 'winecfg' as regular user? If the error is the same, erase the directory ~/.wine, and try to start it once more.

Beans

Yeah, so I re-installed wine (after wiping ubuntu because I broke it extensively). I'm just confused now.. Do I install continuum with wine?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Krusnix View Post
    Yeah, so I re-installed wine (after wiping ubuntu because I broke it extensively). I'm just confused now.. Do I install continuum with wine?
    wine... its your best bet to goto the line and type:

Code:
    wine continuum.0.39.exe
    Or whatever the name of the installer it. If you want to be able to click on a file and not use the command-line you can instruct sysctl to do so.

Code:
    nano /etc/sysctl.conf
    Code:
    fs.binfmt_misc.register = :WINEXE:M::MZ::/usr/bin/wine:
    and add to fstab

Code:
    none  /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc  binfmt_misc  defaults 0 0
    Last edited by Gen2ly; July 7th, 2007 at 09:25 PM.

Beans

Alright thanks!, now I just have to get windowed mode up and running, haha. But altogether great tutorial!

Beans

Links to Continuum updated,

Powerball Rulez

Beans

Updated and cleaned up. Added new patch information for versions of Wine-0.9.3.38 and above.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast