• 56+

34 4.08%
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What age are you?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

What age are you?

After seeing some of the members here posting about their families and such, my idea of the major age group for linux(in general) has begun to shift(i thought it was a younger age group). So i want to take a poll to see what the major demograph is for age groups of people using ubuntu.

of course, its a poll so your anonymous, no need to have to single out you old folk (jk)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: What age are you?

Hi House, what's up?

I'm 26.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Nearly twenty. Started digging into computers at the age of four. Didn't really get technical until I was about ten and linux first made it into my software dossier at about twelve.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by rabid9797 View Post
    After seeing some of the members here posting about their families and such, my idea of the major age group for linux(in general) has begun to shift(i thought it was a younger age group). So i want to take a poll to see what the major demograph is for age groups of people using ubuntu.

of course, its a poll so your anonymous, no need to have to single out you old folk (jk)
    But we old folk know the difference between your and you're, which few of you youngsters seem to
    One OS to fool them all,
    one browser to find them all.
    One email client to grab them all
    and through the security holes, worm them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I would split it up differently, but I'm 16-20.
    19, to be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by obsidion View Post
    But we old folk know the difference between your and you're, which few of you youngsters seem to
    I know plenty of older people who confuse the two. In fact, I would say the younger you are, the more likely you are to know the difference. Considering that education is much more...important now than it used to be. For example, plenty of people a couple decades ago would drop out to work (assuming they were old enough).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Aw man! That kind of thing angers me greatly. I have to use a high level of restraint to keep myself from going spelling/grammar nazi on them. I write in a fairly conversational tone, but basic errors like that just infuriates me.

Oh, and um... I'm 22 Should be interesting to see the results.
    2GHz AMD 939, 256MB GeForce 7600GT, 1GB DDR PC 2700 RAM, Feisty Fawn
    1.76GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel 950 GMA, 1GB DDR2 PC2 5300 RAM, Fiesty Fawn
    Registered Linux User #437675 | Registered Ubuntu User #10829

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The only one that really bothers me is when someone misspells "grammar" as "grammer".

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

I worked as a manger at McDonald's for three years. While I was in a close proximity to the ages of the crew working under me I too was infuriated by ignorance. Stupidity is my kryptonite.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by kevinf311 View Post
    Aw man! That kind of thing angers me greatly. I have to use a high level of restraint to keep myself from going spelling/grammar nazi on them. I write in a fairly conversational tone, but basic errors like that just infuriates me.

Oh, and um... I'm 22 Should be interesting to see the results.
    Uuuh... take a look at any random MMO forum (well, not EVE, but any other). You'd die from a heart attack in there

Anyways, 23 here. Got my first PC when I was 6, and only just recently had the courage to try linux.
    Roads are closed, pibes are frozen, albinos are almost invisible!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

oh please, if i wanted to take the time to stop and think about which form of "your" i want to use i would also be capitalizing all the "i's" in my sentences and using apostrophes in my "it's" and "i've"'s.

its not that i don't know the difference, its just that i choose to ignore them for the sake of typing faster.(and not being a grammar nazi like some )

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast