Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Free Solaris10 DVD set anyone????

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Free Solaris10 DVD set anyone????

Just got it yesterday (ordered in Mid of January). To all of you that haven't got it, patience my friends, patience... It will come someday.
    I also got 3 DVD set.

Installation was a bit more difficult than linux or BSD.
    My main problem is I cannot get it to connect to Internet. OS detected my wired LAN. During installation it only asked (or probably I wrongly selected an option) for my IP address & subnet mask.
    After installed, I cannot find the place to set my gateway and DNS.
    When first trying linux and BSD, I did not have this problem.

Secondly, my laptop sound (Realtek HD audio) was not detected.
    Also FreeBSD failed to detect it wheras Linux works out of the box

After googling here and there, I finally was able to add user & log in as user instead of root. But as a user there is no option to shutdown nor reboot, just log out

Main problem is not having internet connection as I have to reboot to other OS to search for an answer

Solaris installed Gnome by default also there is no option where to install GRUB (It default to MBR).
    Partition system is very much similar to BSD (slices inside one primary partition). Both Solaris and BSD can not detect my logical partition that contained Linux, linux swap, and data. They only saw it as one partition.........

Solaris desktop was quite similar to windows set-upwhich is probably good for newbies

Beans

I ordred mine months ago. Got a response saying ten days it would be here? Does anyone think it still might arrive?

I am not sure where I put the order number so I can't check it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by jrusso2 View Post
    I ordred mine months ago. Got a response saying ten days it would be here? Does anyone think it still might arrive?

I am not sure where I put the order number so I can't check it.
    Just for yr info when I ordered in MId of Jan, I also got that bloody 10 days response.
    Actually I already forgot & all of a sudden yesterday I got it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456