Thread: LTS Roadmap

Beans

LTS Roadmap

Hi,
    my question is not strictly techinical, so I decide to post in the Cafe board...
    On the italian forum there is thread in which we are speaking about the releasing cicle of the LTS versions of Ubuntu and some users says: "It is substantially casual".
    I am not sure this is correct but at the moment I'm not (still) able to find an official roadmap for the LTS releases in Ubuntu's website... so I'm here to ask you:
    It does exist a such roadmap? If your answer is yes (as I hope), can you post a link to support this notice?

Thank you very much, see you soon

alessio

PS
    I hope my english is not too bad...

Beans

Re: LTS Roadmap

LTS's will be released when it is decided that the technologies used have reached a good level of stability and maturity.

There's no plans... just wait and see
    Every time you install Jaunty, a kitten........ wait sorry what year is this again?
    Please don't PM support questions, post a thread so that everyone can benefit
    Join us in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net

Beans

Thank you PriceChild,
    are you sure? There's a place (better if official) where I can read it?

Beans

I think its in a blog or email from mark shuttleworth somewhere but I don't know off hand sorry.
    Every time you install Jaunty, a kitten........ wait sorry what year is this again?
    Please don't PM support questions, post a thread so that everyone can benefit
    Join us in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net

Beans

Ok, I understand. Thank you anyway