Thread: I want to get involved in the ubuntu community?how?what's an ubuntuero?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I want to get involved in the ubuntu community?how?what's an ubuntuero?

Hello
    I want to get involved in the Ubuntu community.
    How do I?I can do writing but not programming.
    I read about something called an Ubuntuero(is that the right spelling?),which you become by signing a Code of Conduct.
    How do I become an Ubuntuero?Where is this Code of Conduct?
    Please reply to me.
    Coop

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: I want to get involved in the ubuntu community?how?what's an ubuntuero?

Well for starters you're in the right place to get involved. In many cases people start out by becoming active members of the board community helping new comers with problems you may have already fixed on your own system or providing feedback or informing people that they have a choice between operating systems. There really isn't a limit to what you can do mostly it depends on what you want to do.
    "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such government [...]"
    —Declaration of Independence

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If you can write, write some good tutorials... with screenshots, preferably.

Beans

a beginner can contribute useful stuff, eventually you may solve a problem that is not addressed in the forums and then write a howto, this could save someone else much research. I know very little but was able to do this (a howto on getting USB speaker buttons to work FWIW)
    Last edited by haiku99; January 14th, 2007 at 11:31 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If you are a visual artist then you can contribute by way of making icon sets, wallpapers, themes. A musician could make sound themes or general system sounds. And, as aysiu already pointed out, as a writer you can create howtos.

One of the best places to start is right here in the forums. Be helpful. Be friendly. If you read any news about Ubuntu, then you'll almost always notice that the existence of our friendly user forum is one of the best things Ubuntu has going for it that sets it apart from other distributions.

Beans

http://www.ubuntu.com/community/participate
    https://launchpad.net <= On Launchpad you will find the Code of Conduct, teams that do different jobs, all Ubuntu source code, translations, bug reports.
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com <= The Wiki knows everything.