Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Using Sabayon 3.26 x86 now!

Beans

Using Sabayon 3.26 x86 now!

Sabayon Simple Rocks!!!

never has the install, initial reboot and beautifully finished and polished results been so beautiful as with Sabayon, this is the most advanced, fastest, most beautiful OS in existence to date!!!

ok enough of that....

just wanted to share!

any questions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Using Sabayon 3.26 x86 now!

You can't mention beauty without showing a screenshot man!
    How to install and run Photoshop 7 or earlier in wine
    Switched to Linux completely 1 January 2007 Ahh, a solid year of freedom
    My Website

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Shay Stephens View Post
    You can't mention beauty without showing a screenshot man!

My pleasure!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RAV TUX; January 12th, 2007 at 07:06 AM.

Beans

a few more featuring "A Scanner Darkly"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RAV TUX; January 12th, 2007 at 07:28 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Coolness. Here is mine:
    http://www.shaystephens.com/~photos/...shot-beryl.jpg

Now for some questions. As far as beauty, is there anything you can pinpoint, or is it mainly the whole or the sum of the parts? And when you mention fast, can you elaborate a little on that. My problem is that I process photos and speed is important to me when I am running hundreds of photos through a program. So if you were to put a percent speed boost to your computer (as subjective as that naturally is) what would you put it at, your rough feeling?

Right now I have about parity with XP, but no faster. I hear people talking about how fast linux is in comparison, but I have never been able to experience this
    My Website

rai4shu2 is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Sabayon is very nice and quite a bit more responsive in my experience than Kubuntu. It's little too cutting-edge for me, though. I prefer my apps to be more stable than featureful.

The default theme they use is the best one I've seen so far aside from the default theme for Ubuntu Dapper. The only thing I had to tweak was to turn off the subpixel smoothing (which didn't work quite right in Kubuntu either).

Beans

My problem is that I process photos and speed is important to me when I am running hundreds of photos through a program. So if you were to put a percent speed boost to your computer (as subjective as that naturally is) what would you put it at, your rough feeling?

Right now I have about parity with XP, but no faster. I hear people talking about how fast linux is in comparison, but I have never been able to experience this
    Hard to place a percentage to feel. I have v3.20a and it is definately faster than ubuntu/kubuntu but then again i also use the 64bit version but i dont see that having a big impact as it will mostly benefit floating point stuff.

My suggestion to you would be to try it, you will be suitably amazed.

My XP feels faster than ubuntu/kubuntu but sabayon beats them all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    Hard to place a percentage to feel. I have v3.20a and it is definately faster than ubuntu/kubuntu but then again i also use the 64bit version but i dont see that having a big impact as it will mostly benefit floating point stuff.

My suggestion to you would be to try it, you will be suitably amazed.

My XP feels faster than ubuntu/kubuntu but sabayon beats them all.
    Ya, I have the torrent downloading, but it is going to be a few days before I can install it. Just seeing if I can get experienced thoughts in the mean time
    My Website

Beans

Coolness. Here is mine:
    http://www.shaystephens.com/~photos/screenshot-beryl.jpg

Now for some questions. As far as beauty, is there anything you can pinpoint, or is it mainly the whole or the sum of the parts? And when you mention fast, can you elaborate a little on that. My problem is that I process photos and speed is important to me when I am running hundreds of photos through a program. So if you were to put a percent speed boost to your computer (as subjective as that naturally is) what would you put it at, your rough feeling?

Sabayon 3.26 is 80% faster then the most advanced Windows OS to date.

Sabayon 3.26 is 90% faster then OS X.

Sabayon 3.26 is 60% faster then any other Linux OS.

Sabayon 3.26 is 70% faster then any BSD OS.

At least on my hardware, yet this is just a gross approximation.

Sabayon is the only Linux OS that can play DVD movies smoothly without incident by default.
    Last edited by RAV TUX; January 13th, 2007 at 03:53 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rai4shu2 View Post
    Sabayon is very nice and quite a bit more responsive in my experience than Kubuntu. It's little too cutting-edge for me, though. I prefer my apps to be more stable than featureful.

The default theme they use is the best one I've seen so far aside from the default theme for Ubuntu Dapper. The only thing I had to tweak was to turn off the subpixel smoothing (which didn't work quite right in Kubuntu either).
    too cutting edge? while yes it is cutting edge it also happens to be the most stable OS in existence...

Sabayon is Gentoo plain and simple, just pre-compiled Gentoo, Gentoo is the most Stable Linux OS in existence.

The difference with Sabayon is they have done the work for you so in approx. 5 minutes you can have a stable, reliable and fast Gentoo OS running on your computer. The difference is this Gentoo is called Sabayon.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast