Re: Show Us Your Server

Built this 3 years ago ...

# 200 GB, 160 GB, and 40 GB hard drive
    # Supermicro SC812S-400C 1U case
    # MSI K8D Dual Opteron board
    # 4 GB PC2700 DDR333
    # Dual AMD Opteron 244s
    # debian sid amd64

Doesn't do much these days but host personal files for me and some friends, hosts some code in svn ... used to rent it out for CAL-i CS:S scrims, but its hardware is showing its age.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Here's mine. Not quite as jumbled as the ones I've seen so far. One on the left is my server, the one on the right is my desktop. The thing you see sitting on top of my server is my router that provides the blessed internet.

Server:
    Xubuntu 6.10
    500MHz Processor
    320Mb RAM
    8 GB Hardrive (I know, I know. I'm about to put in another 8GB HD)

Desktop:
    Ubuntu 6.10
    2GHz Processor
    512MB RAM
    120GB Hardrive

All my server does is provide HTTP, FTP, SVN, Mail, and SSH. Wait, it does quite a bit now that I think about it .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Glukkon's were scared because profits were grim. Paramites and Scrabs had been turning out thin.
    But Molluck was cool, he had a plan. This new kind of meat? It was us! - Abe's Oddysey

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

oo you sit on one of those exercise balls. I hear that those actually give you a work out (sitting on them) cause you gotta keep yourself balanced and sitting up
    Jabber: markgrandi[at]gmail.com

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    oo you sit on one of those exercise balls. I hear that those actually give you a work out (sitting on them) cause you gotta keep yourself balanced and sitting up
    For most people yes, but I'm too tall, I just put my feet on the ground. But it is useful when you're waiting for something to load, you just roll around the room on it, trying not to crash into stuff.

Unfortunately, I always do.
    The Glukkon's were scared because profits were grim. Paramites and Scrabs had been turning out thin.
    But Molluck was cool, he had a plan. This new kind of meat? It was us! - Abe's Oddysey

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Voxxi View Post
    Here's mine. Not quite as jumbled as the ones I've seen so far.
    I wouldn't be offended if you used the words messy or **** fight, when descriping mine!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Last time i saw for server handy it wasn't that bad has it got much worse?
    This is the dumbest error I found in bios
    "Error Keyboard Failure Press F1 to continue or DEL to enter setup
    Amd Athlon 64 2800+, 1gb Ram, ATI Radeon HD3650 512mb, Western digital 160gb Segate 80gb, Gigabyte GaK8NS ,Cameron

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

http://randomskk.net/uploads/servers

Backups server, redundant server, main server, firewall/router, two netgear switches (for DMZ and private nets) and the wireless.
    "Rest not, time is sweeping by. Go and dare before you die. Something mighty and sublime, leave behind to conquer time."

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by Randomskk View Post
    http://randomskk.net/uploads/servers
    Backups server, redundant server, main server, firewall/router, two netgear switches (for DMZ and private nets) and the wireless.
    How do you deal with the heat problems? When I have just too computers running my room heats up pretty quick. I'd hate to think what would happen if I had 4 running...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

huh, why do you all have servers? am i the only one around here that just has a computer, nothing more? i don't even think i know anyone with his own server. really, what's it for?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by Voxxi View Post
    How do you deal with the heat problems? When I have just too computers running my room heats up pretty quick. I'd hate to think what would happen if I had 4 running...
    That room's pretty cool, and those servers are pretty low-heat. Only 3 are on, btw - the fourth is the redundant one that I can just plug in and turn on when I need it to take over from my main server.
    "Rest not, time is sweeping by. Go and dare before you die. Something mighty and sublime, leave behind to conquer time."

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast