Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Download YouTube Stereo MP3s

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: Download YouTube Stereo MP3s

ecasound is working properly because it showed you that message. I don't think http://www.flv2mp3.com/ works....correct me if I'm wrong but I just got a blank file. I don;t have any mono mp3's to test so....not sure here. When I used the yt3mp3 script, it worked fine.
    Maybe your file is corrupt.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Does this work on Hardy? I've been trying to make it work for almost 2 hours and have accomplished nothing ....then again, I'm still a noob when it comes to linux, so it might just be my own lack of knowledge. Still....it'd be nice to know its at least possible to make it work.

Beans

1) Works on hardy just fine, but the script and the GUI are broke (thanks to Google) and you have to know how to use ffmpeg and ecasound.

2) Go visit a YouTube video and then do this repeatedly in your command window while the video is downloading into the YT video control:

Code:
    $ ls -al /tmp/Flash*
    See that file getting bigger and bigger (byte count) and then it finally stops? That's an FLV file -- it just doesn't have the extension on it.

3) So, once that stops filling up with bytes, I can then do:

Code:
    $ sudo su
    # cp /tmp/Flash* /tmp/movie.flv
    # ffmpeg -i /tmp/movie.flv /tmp/monosong.mp3
    # ecasound -i /tmp/monosong.mp3 -etf:8 -o /home/yourloginid/yoursong.mp3
    # exit
    $ exit
    On the above, if it asks to overwrite, say yes except on the ecasound line -- where you might want to change the song name.

And this sticks a file called yoursong.mp3 in my /home/yourloginid directory that is a simulated stereo file.

4) To add a genre, song title, band name, and album info, that's called ID3. There's a handy ID3 editor you get when you install something called "Beep Media Player" (in add/remove programs). You just play the song and then doubleclick the scrolling title of it when it appears. An ID3 dialog will pop open. You fill out the form and click Save. It will save the update even while the song is playing. You can then drag this to your MP3 player's MUSIC folder or whatever and listen to it on your MP3 player.

5) Note that you can also watch YouTube videos on your MP3 player if it has video support. I have one for Rockbox that's posted here. (My son converted his iPod to a Rockbox iPod in order to play videos.)
    SuperMike
    When in doubt, follow the penguins.
    Evil Kitty is watching you

Beans

Wink Re: HOWTO: Download YouTube Stereo MP3s

wow, i havn't tried this since im on school atm but when i get home I surely will.

looking awesome so far!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

the DownloadHelper Firefox extension makes it easy as well, click on a nice little gui icon in your browser, save the movie like you would any other download.

either way, its not to hard.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Probably easier to use http://keepvid.com/ to download the flv first, then apply step 3.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

You could probably use youtube-dl to download the youtube video to a place other than then /tmp folder:
    http://www.arrakis.es/~rggi3/youtube-dl/

I have a Groovy script that uses this to batch download the YT videos, it is very simple, I can post it here if anyone needs it.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Thanks for the guide, works great!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Maybe a dumb question, but here I go anyway: Do I absolutelly need to install mpg123 in order to make the conversion?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbafett View Post
    Maybe a dumb question, but here I go anyway: Do I absolutelly need to install mpg123 in order to make the conversion?
    I wouldn't know without taking a virgin machine and experimenting. Since I don't have the time or the spare machine, I can't help you there.
    SuperMike
    When in doubt, follow the penguins.
    Evil Kitty is watching you

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast