Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New IceWM Theme- IceOSX

Beans

New IceWM Theme- IceOSX

As per request, I made a mac clone theme. I made two versions; a regular one and a blue one. It's mostly bug free, although I'm trying to make the edges rounder. Enjoy!

Update 1: Panel updated to this:

And the wallpaper:
    http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8348/osxoq5.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Albi; December 29th, 2006 at 04:51 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: New IceWM Theme- IceOSX

Cool! Thanks! That's my theme now, the only thing I don't particularly like is that blue on the taskbar, I think it should be a bit lighter.. I don't know whether the OSX theme looks like that, but I don't particularly like it. Could you point me out how to change that please? Thanks!

It looks very cool with my desklet!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Changed to this now

(Mods: I realized this post is redundant, delete if you want)
    Last edited by Albi; December 28th, 2006 at 09:27 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Ok, thank you!

By lighter I meant "softer", by the way...

Beans

Is something like this alright?

or

Pick one and I'll change it.
    Last edited by Albi; December 28th, 2006 at 09:00 PM.

Beans
    Distro

The first one! and if you can, even slightly softer, but just very slightly. Sorry if I'm being too perfectionist...

Beans

No I understand, I forgot to realize the blue doesn't look nice if your wallpaper is not OSX

Updated now to this:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by finferflu View Post
    Cool! Thanks! That's my theme now, the only thing I don't particularly like is that blue on the taskbar, I think it should be a bit lighter.. I don't know whether the OSX theme looks like that, but I don't particularly like it. Could you point me out how to change that please? Thanks!

It looks very cool with my desklet!
    i just have to say i love your desktop... i have been using gnome/kde/xfce mainly, but now i'm looking into fluxbox/icewm etc... and i REALLY want to know how you got yours looking like this... what how-to did you follow? where did you learn about the desklet and how to play around with it?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Albi View Post
    No I understand, I forgot to realize the blue doesn't look nice if your wallpaper is not OSX

Updated now to this:
    Thanks a lot! It looks perfect now!!

Quote Originally Posted by meborc View Post
    i just have to say i love your desktop... i have been using gnome/kde/xfce mainly, but now i'm looking into fluxbox/icewm etc... and i REALLY want to know how you got yours looking like this... what how-to did you follow? where did you learn about the desklet and how to play around with it?
    Thank you!
    I did not follow any how to, I basically learnt things by reading instructions for every tool I used.
    As for IceWM, there are some tutorials on the official website, even though you basically need to download tools like icecc (IceWM Control Center - it's in the repositories), that graphically let you customise your settings, there are also similar ones, like iceme (IceWM Menu Editor), icepref, and so on. I can't remember which script has created the preferences file. I'll just post mine file, so you can look at my customisations, and eventually copy it if you don't want to install the graphical customisation aids. The theme is obviously IceOSX (thanks again Albi!).

As for the adesklets, I've found them googling for "Icewm eyecandy", and I've found out they're in the repositories. The only one I've used is called Yab, and you can download it on the adesklets website. To use and configure it, just read the instructions in the package (basically you just need to edit a very simple config file). If you have any trouble, just tell me, and I'll see how (and if) I can help you out. Just know that adesklets is like a server for the desklets, once you download a desklet, you need to register it with adeskets, so that when you start adesklet, they all appear.

As for the startup (for example, if you want to startup adesklets automatically), you need to create a script that looks like this:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    adesklets&
    name it startup and put it in the .icewm folder. If you use Gnome, I suggest you to put also update-notifier in it, if you use KDE, put adept_notifier.

In addition to that, you could give a look at this thread.

Have fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by finferflu; December 28th, 2006 at 10:14 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

sweet... i'll get right on it as soon as i'm back at my ubuntu box... people usually misunderstand that lightness and eyecandy do not work well together... your desktop is a good example that it is not so

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast