Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Re: Bi xêr hatin - Welcome

Beans

Re: Bi xêr hatin - Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by FaTiH89 View Post
    Ubuntu can't publish kurdish as a Turkey's official language.
    Ubuntu does not say something like this. Probably you are talking about the keyboard selector. The Kurdish Q and F keyboards are based on the Turkish Q and F keyboard and used mostly in Turkey, so it makes perfect sense to have it in the list under "Turkey". This does not have any political implications and is not even about language, but about Keyboard layouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by FaTiH89 View Post
    ..But as i am saying again Kurdish is NOT an offical language in Turkey AND CANNOT be official anytime...and even you dont have a keybord layout for your language.
    Obviously we have a keyboard layout, that's why you can select it from that list. Concerning the political issue you bring up here, laws can and do change. That's normal in democracies. You should never say never...

Beans

Cool Re: :\

Quote Originally Posted by erdalronahi View Post
    No, Kurdish belongs to the Indo-European language family. That means, it is closer to English than to Turkish or Arabic in grammar and morphology. If you like, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdish_language
    so, your place is kurdistan (writing in this forum topic) why you don't open a new line different of turkey?

don't understand me wrongly but i've seen this links now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Kurdistan
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Kurdistan
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_Kurdistan

i wanna ask one thing only: why Turkey? you've already regions, (and already a full-featured state)

i am so sorry if i just get over my limit if this meant like a politic question
    Using "only" Linux for 2 years.. Total 3 years..
    age? 18.. yes i have problems with my mind..

asus-linux.blogspot.com

Beans

problem is that i didn't mean to write you political answers on a forum like this...but i ain't sure how you can manage to do.you always force someone to give you answer..strange...

First of all...While you blame us with nationalist ideas whenever you find the opportunity you do the same thing with more sharp ideas.?
    Second.You always say democracy.What is democracy and why does it never serve for us? Why always is the Turkish National blamed?

as a result when a stranger reads your messages they can think more than half of the Turkey is kurdish but minority Turkish people always trying to get pressure on Kurdish.

Oke lets count people in diyarbakır..But before we start we msut check out people's race if they are realy from kurdish race ...Or if there is a race in turkey come from history called Kurdish...

so...when we think this idea over the whole Turkey there is only 4 or 5 or at most 5.5 million kurdish people.and the rest is all Turkish..and how can you still say we want our own country...

Finally there is lots of thing to say that you can never so brave to tell them all but truth is that i have been in diyarbakır in kulp and saw that TURKISH state dont do those favors for turkish national...

and i am sure these people who wrote this article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Kurdistan) arent US but Kurdish people. or just your national...

Beans

I most definitely won't discuss about what the English Wikipedia says on certain pages. I have never made any political claims in this thread. I do not force anybody to answer to anything.

This forum is to discuss the Kurdish translation of Ubuntu and the issues of the Kurdish LoCo team. Nothing else. I am also not responsibe for what other people may write who may be Kurdish or not and may be members of the Kurdish LoCo team or not.

To your question about a new line for the keyboard: It has indeed been discussed to subsum the Kurdish keyboard layouts under "Kurdish" or "Kurdistan". The reason why it was not done is that the convention of X.org is only to list sovereign states and not regions (Kurdistan) or languages (Kurdish). The only exception is Arabic and the Indic languages, if I remember correctly. So that was neither the decision of the Kurdish LoCo team nor of Ubuntu.

If you want to see this changed, please direct your proposals to the right address, it is not even an Ubuntu issue! If you like, compare to Debian, SuSE, Fedora...

Beans

oke whatsoever ..i read all your post and previous one dont say like..just forget it.

also we did ...we sent mails about this issue to other dist.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

I just came accross this thread. I personally have nothing against Kurdish keyboard layout being included under the section for Turkey, as Kurds are an integral part of Turkey along with other ethnic groups. However, as we have seen in this thread many people do, and I find the exception Ubuntu is making for Kuridsh somewhat inconsistent.

For example under Bulgaria, where Turks form a substantial portion of the population, Turkish is not listed. Neither is Albanian under the section Macedonia where Albanian is actually an official language. Why is then an exception being made for Kurdish? I think it is important that Ubuntu remain consistent and list only the official languages under every country. This inconsistency can be very confusing.

Kurdish is the official languauge of Iraq, and Iraq would be the most appropriate place to list, or maybe it should have its own listing.
    Last edited by bgturk; October 12th, 2007 at 08:41 PM.

Beans

What you say has some validity, however this list is not about official or unofficial languages. For instance the Kurdish-F keyboard is based on the Turkish F keyboard and does not make any sense outside of Turkey. It is only useful for people who use a F keyboard produced in Turkey or who have learned typing in Turkey.

On the other hand the Kurdish-Arabic keyboard with Arabic letters is not listed under Turkey, because it does not make sense for Kurds there. They use the Latin alphabet, which is similar to the Turkish alphabet.

Beans

vi forum pır başbu jıbo mere spas
    biji nivisbariya azad

Beans

pir baş buye serkeftin
    biji zimané kurdi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123